Threesomes

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:14 am

I have 3 sows and there are no bonded pairs. They just kind of hang out with the occasional "nose off" and mounting when in heat.

Kara

Louise

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:16 am

well thats the best laugh i´ve had all day. you wait til I tell umph what you said! Socially retarded - poor little guy - he´s just special.

Cara

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:21 am

Have you tried your threesome yet?

Louise

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:32 am

not yet - newbies still in quarantine

LynnK

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:15 pm

so you going to post some pics I love pics of newbies wish I had one I think my chewie would love it.

Lynn K

Evangeline

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:13 pm

Louise-
You know, I have a socially retarded boar, too. Lee is the friendliest pig to people, but he´s some kind of psychopath with other pigs. He attacks other pigs at the second they get near him. I don´t mean a small dominance fight. I mean that as soon as he sees a pig, he turns into some kind of monster and jumps right on the other one, even if it´s a small or submissive pig. If he is free and can go near other pigs´ cage, he attacks the bars and wants to break in.

I tried everything. Even in a large room with just one other pig at a time, he still beats the crap out of the other for no reason. I tried giving him floortime with my rabbit (they are about the same size), but he kept biting Toby and trying to mount him. Let´s just say Toby was pretty pissed off.

I think there is just no hope for Lee. He has no manners and doesn´t seem to be willing to learn. Actually, he hates other pigs so much, I think he is better off in a cage of his own. Remember Lee is a rescue and he´s had a rough time. He was the pet store´s breeding pair with a female. The sow was pregnant and they were ok on the Saturday, but on the Monday, when the owner opened the store, he found Lee sitting in a cage with a dead sow and six dead babies. God only knows what went through his little head during the two days he was surrounded with dead bodies. Since he was now "useless", not used to being handled and already an adult, the owner was ready to let him go as snake food, so he came home with me. That was two years ago.

mon

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:25 pm

I´ve never heard of a socially retarded pig! Poor piggy. But on the bright side, at least he likes humans!

Evangeline

Post   » Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:43 pm

Yes, he´s a very sweet pig. He does the happy talk as soon as you pick him up and falls asleep on my lap, all curled up with his eyes closed.

CAT

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:22 am

Louise,
I put two younger pigs in with Sneakers when Shoebox died. Sneakers was a fairly easygoing pig and the three of them got on fine. When Boots got a little older he and Sneakers did fight for a short time until Boots established his dominance, then they were all reasonably happy together. Boots and Sneakers never spent much time together but Sox shared himself between Sneakers and Boots.

I would give it a try with all three together. Let us know how they go.

CAT

cmtigger

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:20 pm

I´ve also heard that there tends to be less fighting with trios of boars- I guess that there is somebody to distract them!