Anybody on? I am feeling bad

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:08 am

I know this isn't your problem but I have a friend that moved out of state and she asked that I baby sit her 4 guinea pigs and I said sure because the piggies and I were to move up there after she got some of her bills paid off and got her own place (out of her parents).

Well about a month ago she got mad at me and I didn't hear from her for 4 weeks and I thought Hmmm...I finally wrote her last week and she told me to "f off" and to get rid of the pigs!!! Needless to say I have been crushed for me AND the pigs.

Well point being, I am disabled on a fixed income and I live in 1/2 a room in the basement (small space) and the pigs aren't mine...

I feel guilty for getting rid of these pigs but I HAVE to. I am to got out of state for 1-3 weeks coming this Sunday morning and my dad doesn't want to watch the pigs.

I have a few choices but most are grim. I can take them to PAWS but they could get killed or they could adopt them out to losers who would hurt the piggies.

I am trying to get a hold of this one place I just learned about but they never answered their phone!

There is a place in Decatur, IL I found on cavy rescue tonight and I just wrote an email but I again have to wait and see.

I just don't know what to do and I feel so guilty and she did it to me...this is nothing I would have ever done on my own!!!

:(

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:19 am

Oh and the other thing is I thought I had a new home for them and the family backed out yesterday.

christina

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:23 am

What a terrible thing to happen to all of you! I'm glad you found a nearby rescue. Is that the Critter Corral? Rose from that rescue is a poster here on GL.

I hope someone local there can help you out and make good suggestions. It's too bad you are on such a tight time line. Is there any way you can change your plans or delay them a bit? Is there anyone you could talk to for pigsitting until more permanent plans could be made?

As for PAWS, I take it you don't think your local branch is very good? Do they euthanize there?

I'm sorry you are in such a bind, but please keep persuing finding a good place for the piggies. You are the only person they have to look out for them and keep their best interests in mind.

Hope things turn around quickly for you and hope others come by with more advice!

You might want to also post your need for help with cavy placement over in the Cavy Placement forum too!
Last edited by christina on Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

melcvt00

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:25 am

I believe PAWS (Peoria Animal Welfare Shelter) is no-kill. Please contact Rose at http://www.crittercorral.org

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:27 am

Actually I wrote Diana which I guess is in Decatur.

I guess I can change my plans but I was to follow the family down there on Sunday morning. I have no clue where I am going other than it's a hick town called Potossi.

Yeah from what I understand PAWS does euthanize and I HATE that idea because these girls are SO sweet.

I tried to make a call tonight to see if plans could be changed around and I got no answer...

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:28 am

Well I know PAWS used to be, they gave animals like 3-10 days so if that has changed I don't know about it. I can call PAWS in the morning.

christina

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:32 am

Yes, try to contact Rose as well since she's listed as the adoption person. Is that the phone number you already tried on the critter corral site? Otherwise, leave a message there too.

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:33 am

Ok I will contact Rose too then

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:34 am

Oh no, the number I tried calling is here in town called Foster Pet Outreach but no luck.

christina

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:36 am

Ok then. I hope the critter corral can offer some help to you. Hang in there!

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:39 am

Thanks Christina, everything has just snownballed and I am trying to hang in there...just can't believe all this is happening. That gal loved AND spoiled those pigs and for her to turn her back...and because I love animals and I knew she loved them so much I have made sure to spoil them too but I just can't keep them.

I sure hope and pray I get some help from Rose or Diana soon.

LEZBEPALZ

Post   » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:47 am

I'm 36 years old and have lived in the real world almost half my life and I still ask the same old question...

HOW can people be that way?? I will NEVER understand it...