Need an online source to buy syringes for my habit

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 12:23 am

You can't get insulin syringes at Revival Animal Health.

I checked out the calvetsupply site. They have some better prices, but I think they are Terumo and B/D syringes mostly. They do run cheaper, but seem to degrade more quickly. For injections, you're only going to use them once anyway. I guess it depends on what you want. I prefer Monoject (and I give TONS of injections daily) and I so love the Baxas but I've never worked anywhere that used them frequently. I think they come with Metacam suspension.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 12:24 am

Hmmm.... Do you know the manufacturer? I haven't used them before...

leebee

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 12:31 am

I'm sure that T and I have the same 3/10 CC syringes. Mine say B-D on them. They also say USE U-100 INSULIN ONLY and USE ONCE AND DESTROY (hah). I usually get them for rat dosages. They gave me a bunch of them with needles and injectable baytril inside when Janie was sick, but I yank the needles off.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 12:33 am

I have those for Muffin's insuline shots.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 12:39 am

I guess I never tried yanking the needles off! Maybe I should when I go back to work on Thursday?

So U-100 insulin syringes w/needles can be purchased from the calvetsupply link. I should probably have some on hand myself. They're great for cavy blood draws.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 1:50 pm

Nurgle, have you bought any 0.5 cc's? If you have and are willing to sell a few, please email me. Thanks.

Our vet gives us Monoject. They're okay for a while. The Baxas last five times (no exaggeration) as long as the Monojects, working smoothly. Baxa will sell direct, minimum order is 100 but they're not terribly expensive. Josephine, thank you for the Metacam note. I was trying to remember where I got my first one, I bet that was it.

Pigglies

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:18 am

For the syringes at Revival Animal Health... do you know if the 3cc syringes they sell work well for handfeeding?

I have bought some that were a strange brand on Ebay before that didn't work at all. Does their brand work well?

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:20 am

I think they sell B-D and Monoject. Both should be fine. I prefer the Monoject. You want to get luer slip tips if you want to use them for handfeeding. Luer locks need the top ring trimmed if you want to use them for that without the extra ring up there. Pain to do that, if you ask me, but it could be done with a pair of White's nail trimmers.

melcvt00

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:26 am

We got some BD syringes at work not that long ago. We hate them. Exel is better.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:33 pm

The kind that suck are the Sologard locking plus syringes. Pigglies ordered me the 2.5 ml and they are so hard to use that I have callouses on 2 of my fingers from feeding Witherspoon. They lock up if you wash them and you have to throw them away.

Pigglies

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:29 pm

*cries and is sorry for ordering crappy syringes previously... thanks Teresa for starting this wonderful thread so that I can't make that mistake twice!*

icesprite

Post   » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:44 pm

You can also ask a local pharmacist if there are any diabetic supply stores around you. That's where I get mine. It's essentially a pharmacy dedicated to serving diabetics.

Red blur, stupid question but don't diabetic syringes come with needles in them? The ones I get for my dog (which are human ones that my diabetic aunty gets for free) come with the needle "built in" and I would have thought that they all do.