"Questran/Food Mix & Carafate"

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:22 pm

Why are they on Bactrim? And who is?

Some babies died? From what?

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:30 pm

To my understanding, the mother has been with you since December, what has the vet said about her?

I didnt take her to the vet on Thurs. I didnt think any of them were ill, they had no signs, I just did that as a precaution since one died with no apparent symptoms. Since she was the littermate to the one that died, I took her and since the boys were cagemates, I took them.

Any treatment at all?
she was on antibiotics when I first got her as a precaution, since she was in such bad shape when I got her and she was on Ivermectin for the mites.

This is the sow on Similac? Why?

No. Dee Dee was on formula because she wasnt nursing like she should and I was worried about her.

There were two litters correct? When were they born?

2 litters, and I said this already, and I also said they were born on the 22nd and the 25th of Dec.

How large was each litter? 4 pups in each litter

Did some passed away?
Yes

How many?

One at 10 days old. Then, Cuppy.

Which litter are the boys from? the one born on the 25th

And the sow? the one born on the 22nd

You had told me that pups were deformed .... which litter?

Both litters, IMO. Except the pigs born on the 25th look normal now.

Which pigs are on which meds?

Tom, Jerry and Dee Dee

Were the boys able to pass stool at your house? Yes.
Were they normally formed? Yes

Anything else you´ve had done at the vet would be appreciated as well.

Are you taking them to the vet? I have explained all this to Rachel. I took the meds, and Critical Care to her. I hope she posts soon to verify this, I dont want anyone thinking I am blowing smoke. The also received subq fluids at the vet. Their coats have all grown back except for Teddies belly, so I am assuming the Ivermectin worked, and the mites are gone.

And, to tell me not to get defensive, come on. Look at what was said about how I cared for them. I did everything I could for them, I know that. They were treated very well here, I am so sorry if anyone thinks differently. I cant help where they came from, where all this crap originated from. The Moms were so mite ridden and malnourished and dehydrated when I got them, what can one expect when they have their babies? They were here a week when they birthed, in that time they had unlimited amounts of food and water and a clean home, treatments for the mites and atb´s. I did my best to get them healthy, but I dont know what I could have done to make the babies any better. I tried my best, but the damage was already done before they came to me. The babies were almost full term when they got here, already formed, so I couldnt do much to change their health in utero. I cant believe I have just been put through the ringer like this. I did everything I could to make the Moms healthier before the babies came.

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:36 pm

Rachel, I brought the Sulfatrim, not Bactrim. You had the Bactrim, and the meds I brought were what the vet prescribed. LOL Like this isnt confusing enough.

imanut4u

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:40 pm

Am I taking them to the vet?

Hmm, nope, just trying to help Rachel get the story in order so she has accurate info. The emails are piled up and we thought this might be the fastest way to get the answers rather than weeding through. You can help or you can hinder, your choice.

Cuppy passed away recently? He´s related to which pigs? The three boars Rachel has?
He showed no signs? Were his bowls normal?

Is there any reason why these pigs had small stools? (none during the trip) Were their stools normal before leaving? Stress of the trip?
Last edited by imanut4u on Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladyveg

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:46 pm

Sorry for the confusion, Tori. Sulfatrim and Bactrim are the same thing. Now I have to get to bed! LOL

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:48 pm

Sulfatrim and Bactrim are the same thing.

LOL I didnt know that. I am a mess. I thought I was helping LOL.

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:51 pm

Cuppy passed away recently? He´s related to which pigs?

he is related to the one with Bloat, Dee Dee.

They have small stools I am assuming because they are small pigs. They all ate, drank, peed, and pooped here.

imanut4u

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:03 pm

Okay, so is this correct?

Teddy - pups born 12/22
DD
Max, Cuppy, the 10 day old pup

Cierra - pups born 12/25
Libby
Tom, Jerry & Doodlebug
Last edited by imanut4u on Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:16 pm

yes

imanut4u

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:18 pm

From Nicole:

"Without any warning, two of them crossed the bridge between last night and today."

Cuppy and _________ from the same litter or one from each litter?

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:40 pm

Wait. I´m not good at maths, but aren´t we missing a baby, here?

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:00 am

Wait. I´m not good at maths, but aren´t we missing a baby, here?

Nicole made an error, Max was adopted.

Here is the list one more time LOL

TeddyBear´s Babies 12/22

one nameless baby, she passed away at 10 days,

Cuppy, he passed away last tuesday

Max was adopted.

Dee Dee

Ciera´s Babies 12/25

Tom
Jerry
Doodle Bug
Libby, who lives with mom pig