imanut4u

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:02 am

Oh okay, that clears up that question. Thanks

Nicole again "Without any warning"

Was it Cuppy being syringe fed then?

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:07 am

Was it Cuppy being syringe fed then?

Everyone except Doodle Bug and Libby were syringe fed at some point and the vet said to give them all the atb´s and the other meds. I now know she doesnt know what she doing and I wont be going back to her for anything. I did give all of them, meaning all the babies the atb´s the first night, but none after that.

The story of Cuppy dying is, I fed and watered everyone and they were fine, a few hours later he was face down in the cage and everyone else was wheeking at me, I picked him up and he was gone. Thats it, eating and playing and wheeking one minute and gone the next. No signs of illness at all.

imanut4u

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:12 am

How many pigs did you take in all together from the homeless woman?

Were you able to foster any out?

Are there any others with problems?

Trying to rule out any possible contagious illness vs. genetic problems

Nicole

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:16 am

"From Nicole:

"Without any warning, two of them crossed the bridge between last night and today."

Cuppy and _________ from the same litter or one from each litter?"

Tori had told me, in the same email, about the baby dying at 10 days old and about Cuppy dying. I, somehow, misread and posted wrong. She told me before that Max (?) had already been adopted.

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:51 am

Heather,

You have my email address if you want to know anything else. I dont know why you keep giving me the third degree on the board? I have explained over and over and now I am thought a careless, irresponsible caretaker to my pets, obviously you dont believe what I have said. And, I dont know why you keep questioning me like this. You arent caring for them, Rachel is, and if she needs anymore info, why isnt she asking me? I just talked to her on the phone and all was well, if that is not the case, I wish I knew what the problem was.

I told everyone what went on, how I got them, what I have done for them, and that is not good enough, well I am so sorry. I did my best and now thanks to all this, I like some horrible person, it is just plain wrong to rake someone over the coals like this.

I dont know why everyone doesnt realize, the mothers were very ill and malnourished when they came to me, and just days later they birthed their litters. In a few days time I CANNOT undo all that damage that was already done. I give my all to every pig that comes in the house, I am not God, I am not a miracle worker, they have small poops because they are babies, they arent developing correctly because the mothers were not treated properly, the remaining sow of Teddy´s looks the way she does and is unhealtthy because of the condition her mother was in prior to her coming here. And for the last time, they ALL ate, drank, peed, and pooped while they were here, and ate very well. They probably didnt poop on the way there because they were stressed out, they were in a car bumping around for 6 hours, to me that is stressful.

I dont know why I am being treated this way, I do not appreciate it, I wouldnt treat anyone else this way. If you had all these questions, you should have emailed me and asked. But you chose to post them here so I would have to answer to everyone who reads this board. Thanks for this wonderful treatment.

imanut4u

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:00 am

Thing is, you have been asked via email. Thing is the numbers keep changing, the Oh I forgots come via email.

Raking you over the coals? Hmm, I haven´t even started.

Wheeks R Us

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:12 am

Thing is, you have been asked via email. Thing is the numbers keep changing, the Oh I forgots come via email.

the numbers havent changed a bit. And, have you never forgotten to mention anything in your life? If Rachel has any doubts, she can call my vet and ask what was done, I will be happy to give her the number.

Get off your high horse and holier than thou attitude. I cant believe you would insinutate I would mistreat an animal like this. It is just plain wrong. Have you nothing better to do than try and stir up trouble? I just cannot believe you are acting this way.

imanut4u

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:16 am

Why? Couple more questions and you´ll remember why.

Who was aspirated?

Why did Nicole start this thread for you?

What pigs came from the homeless woman?

Which ones came from Meijer?

Nicole

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:27 am

"Why did Nicole start this thread for you?"

I didnt initally start it for her. I started it because I had questions about the meds that were given to those pigs because I had never heard of them before. I got the answers, and help, I needed, and I relayed that to Tori who then asked q´s of her own, which I took upon myself to post because I couldnt answer them myself.

I´ve seen Tori´s pigs. I´ve seen how she´s cared for her pigs. I know how much she cares for her pigs and what shes done for them. I know about the pigs that were taken from that wretched woman´s house, the condition that they were in. The comments that she made about them when Tori took them. The woman didnt give a rats ass about them and that left Tori to clean up after her. Tori busted her ass to get them healthy again. She called me and emailed me half a million times with questions, concerns and to keep me updated. To accuse her of neglect is, in my opinion, absolutely ridiculous and completely uncalled for.
Last edited by Nicole on Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

imanut4u

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:36 am

Glad to see you made up.

Why did Tori turn to Nicole rather than Rachel on the questions that started this thread? Because Tori thought Rachel would tell her not to bring them knowing they were sick. Her words. Thing is .... Rachel has a big heart and will do it for the animals regardless.

Tori commented about how she needs to stop buying pigs at Meijers. She´s got her own personal pigs up for adoption on her website.

Emme might be pregnant because a boar mysteriously showed up in her pen. Looks like Cocoa & Cocoa might be pregnant as well.

Fine and dandy, I´ll back on out. I asked Rachel a direct question -- whether or not these pigs were in worse shape than the rescues I spoke of in my post about keeping numbers down to a managable amount.

Guess how she answered my question.

pinta

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:48 am

Similac baby formula with
Iron.

Why were they/he/she being fed this? For how long?

And how does a homeless woman manage to have guinea pigs? Did she have them before becoming homeless and how many were there? (Just can´t get the picture of a homeless woman sitting on the sidewalk surrounded by guinea pigs out of my head.)

I´ve totally lost track of what the heck is going on in this thread. Did 2 pigs mysteriously die or was it just one? Aspirated? When was that? And who got aspirated?

Regardless, it still sounds like a dietary problem(small misshapened turds). I tried to Google search Similac and couldn´t come up with the ingredients in an easy to copy form. It is meant for newborn human babies....who aren´t herbivores. This may be part of the diet problem. Why on earth were they being fed human baby formula which seems to have lactose, nonfat milk and oil (safflower, coconut and soy oils) as primary ingredients?

I found this one line: Cons: iron formula is harsh on babies tummy, expensive

And this:

Less common

Signs of milk allergy (hives, wheezing); signs of milk intolerance (abdominal bloating, diarrhea, stomach cramps, vomiting)

Maybe a search wiz can ferret out the ingredients.....anyone care to give it a shot?

------------------

So the woman wasn´t homeless?
Last edited by pinta on Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicole

Post   » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:59 am

"Glad to see you made up."

Whether we ´made up´ or not is not an issue here. At all. I am stating my opinion on how another rescuer cared for her pigs.

"Why did Tori turn to Nicole rather than Rachel on the questions that started this thread? Because Tori thought Rachel would tell her not to bring them knowing they were sick. Her words."

Tori has turned to me from the beginning. We´ve been friends for almost 2 years now, why wouldnt she turn to me if she had a concern or a problem?