interested in adopting in FL (Ocala/Gainesville area)

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:55 pm

chordita

Thank you so much for responding. She will be disappointed Racer is no longer available. I believe Susan contacted her this evening.

The cage that she used for her last piggie is 2x3 and he had plenty of room. The room she lived in last year was apartment style with a full kitchen and bathroom. So it is a good deal larger than a regular dorm room. She has been accepted to live in the same room next year for both semesters with the same room mate. The pet policy, atleast for her dorm, is as long as the room mate has no objections then small animals are allowed. Her room mate had no problem with her last piggie, and would actually watch him for her when she was gone over night sometimes.

The single pig policy might be the only problem then. I have four piggies of my own ( 3 rescued, 1 from a breeder

I believe Susan mentioned "fostering" as a first step to see how that goes. Thank you again.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:51 pm

Good news! This evening my sister adopted Truffles from the Gainesville Guinea Pig rescue. While she originally wanted an American, she fell in love with Truffles.

ChadWPB

Post   » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:16 am

Congratulations! I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Truffles while picking up another adoptee. She's a sweet little piggie.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:31 am

I know! She is so pretty. All along my sister wanted an American and that was what she was dead set to get, but she met her and had to have her.

It was so cute in the car on the way home, nobody else was allowed to hold her!

Chad - How many piggies do you have all together and are you located in West Palm Beach? If so that is a long drive to adopt

ChadWPB

Post   » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:35 am

We have six pigs. Four sows and two boars. We keep them in boar/sow/sow trios (spay/neuter involved).

We adopted our last two pigs, Callie and Amee from Gainesville. I actually live in Coral Springs which is about 35-40 miles south of West Palm. The rescue is a 625 mile round trip. Susan is very friendly and we made a day of hanging out with Susan and her piggies!

My wife holds the piggie the entire trip home, feeding veggies and hay.

There is a story to the origin of my name, but that's another story for another post.

MommyofGus

Post   » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:43 am

Congrats! picture?