A horrible decision!

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:02 pm

Long story!

My life is pretty bad right now and I am very concerned for my pigiges!

My car is shot - the transmission is shot, the breaks squeak, all 4 tires need replacing, the inspection sticker expired and the repairs to fix that will cost too much, etc. I tried to get an auto loan, but that turned up with nothing. I got approved for loans and got calls from dealerships, but now no one is calling me back. I guess it fell through - I don't know! My current car runs at the moment (at least it did this morning) but every time I get into it, I gamble whether or not I'll make it to my destination and whether or not I'll make it safely. My family is of NO help. The 2 people that have the money won't give it to me until I've hit rock bottom and am thrown out of my apartment (their help won't do much then, but it will ease their conscience...so whatever) and my mother offered to get a credit card and take a cash advance from them, but although she's gotten approved for several cards, she's turned them all down stating she didn't like something and is waiting for a better offer. That means, she won't help either!

So, I rely on a car to get to work. Without a car, there is no job. Without a job, I can't pay my rent...you can guess where this is going. I'm terrified that I will find myself not able to even afford veggies or even worse, find myself homeless and have to find a home for the piggies immediately. That will be worse than being homeless.

So, long story made even longer, I think it's time to prepare for the near future crashing of my life and start finding a home for the piggies. I have 4 piggies but I'm only worried about 2 since I know the rescue lady will take back Jessica and Alisa. So, that leaves Doc (neutered) and Penny. You can go to my profile to find a link with pictures of them.

I live in Suffolk County, Long Island and there are no shelters and I don't know if the resuce woman would be willing to take my other 2 pigs. I really want to try everything I can to line up a home for them in case she doesn't. I don't know of anyone else that will take them and take good care of them.

It's breaking my heart to do this, but I can't stand the thought of them suffering because of my life falling apart. If I have to be homeless, I'll be homeless, but at least I'll know that I took care of my animals first.

:(

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:07 pm

Damn.

If you had been any closer, I could have 'fostered' or baby-sat them for a couple of months if the worst happens.

Maybe you can find someone willing to take them on if the worst happens?

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:50 pm

If it comes to it, I'm sure that the rescue I work with wouldn't mind fostering them until you could get back on your feet. I know we have a foster home up in the Bronx, and several in N. Jersey.

Email Marci Scaccetti about it GPLOVER78@yahoo.com

She runs the rescue, so she has the final say.

Chele

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:03 pm

Your piggies are beautiful. I have a young male who is not neutered, I read Doc is. Is Penny fixed? I have been looking to adopt, although, a foster sounds better in your situation seeing how you love them so.

ChadWPB

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:06 pm

I also think fostering is the way to go, as you'd love to have them back when things get better.

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:08 pm

Thank you Ange1icflowers! I emailed her just now. I hope she can help. I think I'm looking more for a permanent home instead of fostering because 1) I don't know how long it will take me to get back on my feet and don't want my pigiges to miss the chance of finding a great home while my life is in limbo. 2) I might have to move out of state. If my cousin doesn't let me move in with her or for some reason it doesn't work out, then I might have to beg my mother to find a way to come up with some money for a plane ticket for me. I'm sure she'll take me in, but it's getting to CA that will be the trick. But anyway, that might be my only choice and of course, I couldn't take my piggies with me.

I'm also starting to look for a home for my cat. This is so sad. So sad. So sad.

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:09 pm

Chele, no Penny is not fixed.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:10 pm

Hang in there! Do you have a car pooling option? Public transportation? Telecommuting? Consider contacting the dealerships again. And in the meanwhile, stash everything you can, decide if there is anything you don't need that you can sell, clip coupons, find a roommate if you don't have one. (I'm not sure what your situation is as far as work and home, so I'm just rambling ideas.)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your piggies!

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:13 pm

TWP, I've thought of all those options. No carpooling that I know of (I just starting working here and don't really know anyone well yet...I'm sure no one would be willing to pick me up and drive me home every day). There is no train or bus to my job and even if there was, without a car, I can't even buy veggies or shavings for the piggies. I don't have anything of value to sell - certainly not anything I can buy a car with. As for a roomate, with one bedroom in a small apt., that won't work. Plus, I'm very sure my landlord would not allow a stranger to move in as he lives right next door.

Believe me, if there was a better way, I'd take it! :(

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:23 pm

Do you have any friends that might be willing to help you out - maybe let you move in with them, a spare room, etc?

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:25 pm

Any option of moving closer to your job so that you can walk/bike?

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:26 pm

Or even moving near someone who works where you do so you could carpool more easily.