A horrible decision!

Chele

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:29 pm

If you do have any of the options mentioned by TwoWhitePiggies things could really work out for you. With the cost of gas, insurance, registration fees, inspection etc. etc. you might come out ahead by not owning at this point in time. Especially if you had a roomate you could car pool with......I am in a similar situation at this time. I was laid off after eight years but my husband is working. One salary does not even come close to paying mortgage and bills but so far we have been able to wing it with side jobs.

I wouldn't consider another pet at this time if GP's weren't social animals. I cannot stand Chirpy being solo any longer. He and my female American Eskimo Dog occassionally go nose to nose through the cage and lick but I could not let him out to socialize with the dog. She's friendly through the cage but she would go for Chirpy lose on the floor, she doesn't fool me for a second.

Remember the more you do proactively to resolve the fundemental issues the better you will deal with the anxiety part of it all. You will feel in control of the situation and you will take control as you go through the steps. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:30 pm

WT3, I may wind up fostering them if they do go to marci, so you know they'll be in good hands. Marci calls my house the "piggy spa". Heh Heh.

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:30 pm

There is no one that I can move in with that will allow me to take my piggies with me (or even have the room for them). I'm sure my cousin will take me in, but there's no room for me in her small house, let alone my piggies.

If I could afford to move, I could afford to buy a cheap car.

I'm hoping for a miracle, but being realistic about how things will end up. As much as it's breaking my heart into a million pieces to do this, it would be crueler to not line up a home now than to wait and hope for a miracle and would be a thousand times worse if I waited until I was at my lowest to start finding a home and then be limited on time.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:47 pm

I'm sorry about your situation. The idea to move somewhere that you would not have to depend on a car is very very good advice. Cars are money pits. You have not only the cost of the car but of insurance, liscensing, maintenance, gas, and more. While not having your pets will be painful, it will give you much more flexibility in working things out. I truly hope they work out for the best.

pax
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:54 pm

WT3,
I hope your fortunes turn around soon! I would like to help in some way since I am almost related! Remember Chester came from the same litter. How can I help you?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:06 pm

Ithaca is a nice place to live and has great public transportation!

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:01 pm

I MIGHT be okay! My brother has offered to help me...but I can't really sing his praises and he hasn't actually helped me yet.

When I first told my brother my situation, he was of no help at all. As far as my possibility of being homeless, he just said he knows it must feel bad and compared it to when he quit his job, which was different because he didn't have to quit and he had a 401K he could have borrowed from if things got bad. It was totally different.

Well, last night I got home from work to find a letter from my previous employer. Apparently, I had some kind of pension benefit and they owe me $1200! I have to fill out the form they sent and send it back and then just wait for the check. NOW my brother offered to help, after he found out that I am looking for homes for my piggies and that I'm guaranteed money soon. You know, I very rarely have ever borrowed from family (except recently, which I haven't had the chance to pay back yet and that was from my mother for Penny's vet bill) and have NEVER not paid them back in a very quick manner. There is no reason for him to think I won't pay him back if he helped me, but he just didn't want to bother and didn't want to have to wait a few months for his money, which is how long it will take me to get back on my feet. He was going to let me drown before offering a hand, but now that he knows I'll have the money sooner, he's the hero!! I will remember that, believe me!!

Anyway, I'm still getting a run-around from the car dealerships but my brother offered to lend me the money to buy from a private person, so I should be able to get a car within the next week...hopefully!

So, for the moment, I'm going to stop looking for a home for my piggies. As long as I have a car, I'll be alright. I can work out the rest of my problems.

I'll update this when I know something for sure.

Thanks for all your help.

lisam

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:03 pm

Good luck! I hope it all turns out for you.

bebesush

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:26 pm

I'm glad things are getting better for you Wheek.

anglaz

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:39 pm

It sounds like good things are beginning to happen, just in the nick of time! I'm very relieved for you, and really hope this good luck continues -- you need it! *crossing fingers and toes*

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:42 pm

Wishing you the best of luck. With cherries and roses.

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:51 pm

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up!

I wish you the best of luck with everything, and, no offense, hope that you don't 'need' the services of our rescue!