Handsom bachelor looking for a friend

spikes mom

Post   » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:53 am

That is one gorgeous pig!!!

savycavy_

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:41 pm

Well there are two pigs ready for adoption at the winnipeg humane society.
1) female, unknown age, himi puruvian
2) female, 1year, black and white american

Or the Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter will have three babies ready to go in a couple of weeks. One white american and two black and white americans.

I think that the himi would be nice but I am worried about her unknown age. I don't want to lose another pig anythime soon. Is there anyway to determin the approximate age of an adult guinea pig?

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:49 pm

I love your ad! He's so cute! I want to give him a chin rub.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:09 pm

I don't know about age, savy, but poor Tal was quite young! I don't think there are any guarantees, sadly. Can you go meet them?

savycavy_

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:14 pm

No I can't go meet them. They are in a different city and it will take 2.5 hours to go there. I will probably go later in the week. It depends on what I descide to do.

Pigglies

Post   » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:33 pm

You can somewhat tell their age... but not very accurately. For example, older pigs tend to have ears that are dry around the edges and losing pigment. Their eyes have a different look to them too. But it would be hard to tell if that meant they were 4 years old or 7.

It is usually easiest to introduce a baby guinea pig to an adult pig. So if I was adopting from a shelter, since you'd then have the pig... I'd want to be the most sure that they'd get along after the quarantine period was over. I'd go with a baby. But it's up to you.

icesprite

Post   » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:09 pm

Pigglies, but isn't that just in the case of a same sex match up? Elvis is a desexed male, and both these pigs are females. Is it still necessary to worry about age match ups?

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:26 pm

Well, probably not. But 2 adults are still harder to introduce than the adult and a baby would be.

savycavy_

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:57 pm

Lets play the dating game.

Here are all the piggies available in my area.

Piglet and Hammy http://www.humanesociety.mb.ca/adooth.html

Piglet is a female about 1year old.
Hammy is a female of unknown age (atleast 2years)

Baby pig one

Baby pig two

Mama pig and baby pig 3

I don't know what I'm going to do. Hammy really interests me but I'm concerned about her unknown age. Maybe I'll keep waiting for awhile longer.

savycavy_

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:59 pm

hmmm. That last pic is alittle small. Mama pig is a white and black with american hair.

Hammy is long haired himi.

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:16 pm

Hammy is beautiful.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:27 pm

Matching an adult female with a boar should be no trouble at all, so it shouldn't matter what age Hammy is.