Baldwin Park Boar -- Time's up Monday 06/28

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:37 am

Baldwin Park Shelter (L.A. area)

# A3219022 -- a TSW American, I believe. Cute and young. His photo should be up on our main page Sunday afternoon.
http://www.cavyhaven.org

The stray hold expires today (Sunday) so his euthanasia date is Monday. We will call and ask for the usual 24 hour extension but that is all they will give.

Contact is sheltercavies@hotmail.com

Baldwin Park is one of several shelters in L.A. County that does not give the guinea pigs it receives a chance at adoption. However, the shelter is required by law to release him to a rescue if we go get him within 24 hours.

Corinne

Post   » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:00 pm

Charybdis, what is the status on this piggy? Do you have someone to get him out?? I can probably get out early from work today and pick him up but I don't have much room for him unless I can pair him up with Willy. Either that or I have a wrapping paper storage container that I can put him in temporarily. If Willy's foster parents are back this weekend, I can foster the other piggy until he gets a home. Let me know.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:15 pm

The shelter says that he is still there. Rachel was working with another rescuer who said she had a foster for him. But I can't reach Rachel right now.

Corinne

Post   » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:52 pm

If you get a chance, let me know what is going on. Today would have been a good day for me to get him because I don't have any babysitting issues. What I probably can do is pick him up after I drop the kids at the babysitters tomorrow morning. It is off the 105 and 710 and can hopefully get him before 10:00am. He'll just have to go to work with me because I have an 11:30 meeting. So if you can't find anyone to get him, let me know tonight so I can get everything ready before I leave in the morning. You have my cell number in case you need to get a hold of me.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:32 pm

I'm not sure he will be there tomorrow. The person to get in contact with is Rachel at sheltercavies@hotmail.com since she is the one in charge of the L.A. shelters.

That's sweet that you want to save him.

Corinne

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:35 am

I just emailed Rachel about the boar. Hopefully I get a response before I leave to work in the morning and hopefully we can save this cute little piggy.

wheeky8

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:27 pm

Anyone know if this guy got out?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:51 pm

Was anyone able to get this little guy, do we know?

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:46 pm

Sorry, I have no idea. He isn't there anymore, that's all I know. Can't get hold of Jezza -- she's the L.A. shelter coordinator and she was handling it.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:23 pm

Understood ... please let us know if you do find out.

A good holiday to you and your whole crew.

Charybdis

Post   » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:10 am

Ok my mistake. Jezza says that he IS still there and that she got him an extension. I guess I'm stretched a little thin. Anyone inquiring about him should email sheltercavies@hotmail.com

There are many other pigs in the L.A. shelters right now and some of them are extremely high-risk. This includes one female pig who just landed at the Carson shelter.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:41 pm

Last time I'll post this, then I'll quit bugging everybody: I will donate 9 lbs. of KM's best (if she can ship into CA, if not, 10 lbs. of APD timothy or alfalfa, adopter's choice) to a qualified adopter for any of these, especially those in the high-risk shelters.

Promote if and as you see fit ... now I'll shut up.