Pigs in LaBelle, Fl need help!

chordita

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:19 am

The Humane society in Labelle, Fl. (Near Orlando I think) emailed us (the gainesville rescue) about transferring some of their pigs. Right now we are at our max and cannot take in any.

I know that many floridians, even from the south, come up to us for adopting but LaBelle definitely needs more help than we do. I'm in the process of contacting her about the exact numbers so I'll get back on that.

If you're in Florida, PLEASE consider adopting or even fostering some of these poor babies. If you foster them, we'll be happy to list them in our website and you can do the adopting through us if you wish.

Here's some of them on petfinder:
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=

I noticed that they are on wire and will be contacting the shelter about that also.

chordita

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:18 pm

OKay, I just contacted the humane society and they have approximately 16-17 pigs, mostly female and at least 1 pregnant.

She also told me that wire mesh is covered but that some are being kept in bird cages for lack of space.

ChadWPB

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:01 pm

I wish I could take more pigs, but with Snuggles sick again, I don't think we could afford any more at the moment.

I've always wanted to foster, but the finances aren't willing to cooperate.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:39 pm

Would financial donations help? I can send a small amount.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:52 pm

Oops. I just reread that in sequence. I mean to the shelter (but gladly to Gainesville GPR or Chad if it would help).

chordita

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:20 pm

Chad-
I'm having the same problem. If I had more money and more space I would foster a few. You've done more than your share helping florida pigs out.

Talishan-

The humane society isn't really having issues with money as much as they are with space. My problem with the situation is that since they have so many, they adopt them out pretty easily- to mostly clueless adopters (many kids)- in order to make more room. I'd like to get the chance to provide these pigs with higher quality homes.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:30 pm

Labelle, FL is about two hours south of Orlando. Is there any way to find out more about the piggies there?

chordita

Post   » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:42 pm

You can call the humane society to find out more about them. The number is on petfinder. If you can foster one or two that would be really great.