New pig buddy

finding X nemo

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:57 am

Since the death of Nemo, I'm on a search for another guinea pig.

I still have one guinea pig, her name is Sabby. She's about 5 or 6 months old, and she's not fixed, though I am considering getting her fixed sooner or later.

Not only would I like a new piggie, I'm sure Sabby would like another piggie, as well. I never introduced her to Nemo, which now, I'm thankful for, since it seems Nemo had a hidden sickness.

I live in Michigan, in the metro-detroit area. I'd like to find a rescue. I've found some guinea pigs on petfinder, and I'm very interested in Klondar's Marshmellow. I'll be applying for him soon, I believe.

My only problem is transportation at this current moment. My mother broke her food, cannot drive, and is having surgery this Friday. This won't be a problem for TOO long, since I'm getting my license in about 2 weeks.

So, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any guinea pigs up for adoption in my area? Or something?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:51 am

How close are you to Kentwood, Mi?

Noah's Ark Guinea Pig Rescue is located there and she has some pigs she's trying to place.

finding X nemo

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:19 pm

I'm about 2 1/2 - 3 away from Kentwood.

bats

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:26 pm

Glad to hear you're looking for a replacement, findingx. It's the right way to go.

If you call Noah's Ark, they may have a suggestion to solve the transportation problem. Rescuers sometimes have a network of people nearby willing to help out.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MI332.html

Klondar

Post   » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:44 pm

finding x nemo,

If you fill out an app, we may be able to work somthing out with Marshmellow, But we will need to talk with your mom. We are in the Detroit area, so transport is less of a problem.

finding X nemo

Post   » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:04 pm

Yay! I am so excited for Marshmellow to be here. :-D