DO NOT ADOPT

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:50 pm

FYI DO NOT ADOPT!

The following person is looking to adopt a young female guinea pig for breeding. Last name is Lockwood and her email address is Clliclcl@aol.com. I have sent a DNA out to rescue groups in my area (Connecticut) and also sent it to Marci in New Jersey. However, I am not certain where she is from. That is why I am posting it here.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:13 pm

Can someone please add "to this person" to the title of the thread if possible?

This title, to me, infers to not adopt in general. For some guest just browsing, they may not open up the thread to read the contents.

Far fetched perhaps, but I'd feel better =)

PauloF

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:19 pm

Erin, I thought just the same. Definitely add "not to this person"...

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:01 pm

Why? What's wrong with her that you would have to put out a APB?

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:05 pm

Because she is after a sow for breeding purposes?

lisam

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:36 pm

I think only Lynx can change the titles. At least, I don't know how to do it.

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:06 pm

If I talk to Marci, I will mention something...make sure she knows. Although, I am curious as to why the DNA.

christina

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:32 pm

Um, because she wants a sow to breed?!?!?!? Isn't that clear?

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:20 pm

Sorry I didn't add "to this person." I just tried to edit the posting but it wouldn't let me do it. I sent Marci from Have a Heart Guinea Pig Rescue a copy of the email that I received. Because I am a rescue I am against breeding. Since this person wants to adopt a female to breed I felt that other rescues would like to be forwarned. I am located in Connecticut and am uncertain where this person is located.

Joanna

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:42 pm

It is funny that she would be so upfront about it. We have people who come to the shelter to adopt dogs and often leave when they hear they must be altered. Why on earth would someone want a rescue pig to breed? How's that for adding to the problem and defeating the purpose of adopting from a rescue.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:50 pm

Unfortunately some people don't have a clue or know just what a "rescue" is. Sometimes they actually think that rescues/shelters are just like a petstore. They will browse through petfinder and go "shopping." This is the fourth person that has contacted me that wanted to breed. The last one wanted to adopt a young male and female so that they could "fall in love and have babies". I ended up getting in a huge email war with that one.

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:05 pm

Marci had a friend who does a rescue who had that happen to her. I was absolutely amazed at the stupidity of some people.

Oh, on a "certain other website" *cough* petslug *cough* if you get my drift, I noticed that they not only are okay with breeding, they actually encourage it. I go over there only to try and guide the misinformed.