Need an online source to buy syringes for my habit

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:09 pm

Icesprite, that is what I thought too with mine. What brand do you have? I still had some of mine. They are the BD 3/10cc insulin syringes. I always thought they had the needles built in too. But I found that a pair of pliers applied to the plastic just behind the needle, and a good yank (pulling AWAY from your body!) will pull the needle off and leave it usable for oral meds for cavies!

Lynx, I will have to try to find you an email I got that had wonderful suggestions for dealing with telemarketers and mail solicitors.

icesprite

Post   » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:21 pm

mammabear, thanks for the advice. I am not sure what the brand is, but I will check it out when I get home and try to pull the needle out.

Again, thanks!! :)

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:33 pm

Don't grab the needle with the pliers, I tried that the first time! It doesn't work! Grab the plastic right behind the needle, then twist and pull at the same time.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:08 pm

Post closed for a day or so -- discussion on sales and "free speech" moved to the general chat forum.

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:29 pm

Thanks Lynx!

Icesprite,
Here is the picture of the insulin syringes I have. Hope it helps.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:35 pm

They look very handy with their removable tips.

icesprite

Post   » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:36 pm

Hmm. Those syringes are different from mine. Whereas your needle is stuck into a cap thingy that goes over the outside of the syringe, mine are stick into an x-shaped bit of plastic that goes inside the syringe. It still looks like it might pull out - I will search out some pliars this evening and have a go.

Thanks again :)

Edit: Ah, and I checked the brand last night, they are indeed BD.

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:00 am

I wonder if BD changed their design? Mine are BD also, but they are a few years old. But I am sure there are still some around that the needles come off of. Someone else on here made a comment recently about taking the needles off of their insulin syringes. Maybe we can find out what brand? I am almost out of what I have.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:07 am

I'm sure there are different styles of syringe. They probably make both a removable tip and a fixed tip.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:47 pm

I'm going to look into those removable tipped ones for my insulin usage, then I wouldn't have to keep all the old ones that the numbers are barely visable for pig use.

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:36 pm

I am going to need more, so if somebody finds where to get them, please let me know. Thanks!

icesprite

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:54 pm

Yegh, no go on removing the tip on mine. That's a shame... but they *are* fee, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too loudly.