Another sorry tale

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:58 am

22 of them are now with Sandi in Seattle.
Pigpal, your effort to save their lives is to be commended. The parts we played will be small compared to the efforts of yours when they first arrived, and getting them up to the northwest.

I ivermectined the 17 I have here yesterday. I have weights on them all, will get pictures soon, I hope.

P.S. I know minivans have a stigma, but the reason there are so many of them on the road is they are a very effective vehicle. Usually, they are the perfect vehicle for MOST things....

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:20 pm

Do they have names, yet? They need names!

I´m really happy they are finally there.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:31 pm

Nope, no names yet, and you are right, they need them. I keep going "the little black boar" " the white and cream abby sow". I´ve never needed to come up with 17 names yet!!

pigpal

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:41 pm

So, did you keep the American Satin boar ? The one that´s the color of a field of ripe wheat under a full moon?

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:45 pm

Wow! Very poetic, Pigpal. You could win adopters with descriptions like that.

KM-
Are you going with a theme again?

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:08 am

A theme is the easiest way to get lots of names. For the rest of you, when I was breeding, each line of pigs had a "theme". My blacks were names of cities. My brokens were flowers and plants.
Dals were from the movie.

So, I should come up with a theme for the rescues.

Yes, PP, I kept him. I promise I´ll get pics up soon, I just don´t know when. This coming weekend I will be out of town.

I´m taking suggestions, people. Come up with a theme.

bats

Post   » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:39 am

Just walk down the aisles of your local drugstore. You´ll get lots of ideas, from head to toe, Lady Clarol to Fleet.

Zoloft, Paxil, Effexor, Prozac, Valium, Lithium, Thorazine...

Sunny

Post   » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:46 am

bats, I´m not sure that´s the kind of theme KM had in mind.

gracielee
Me, too!

Post   » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:46 am

You guys are amazing. Kudos to you for your travel and keep efforts.
Minivan driving-yech.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:13 pm

KM-
So what about the theme? Oh, and you need to take pictures! We want to see those pigs. We´ve been hearing from them for weeks, dammit!

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:18 pm

OK, I have pictures. Who out there can help me post? And don´t suggest a page at yahoo, they say my .jpgs aren´t .jpgs (they are).

So where should I post these pictures??

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:27 pm

Are there any other sites like geocities? Have you tried geocities? (Or is this yahoo?)

Posting pics is kind of spotty since the move.
I hate extra forums -- but almost wish we had a temporary pic forum -- maybe the feedback forum could be used for temporary pics (removed in a month).

It´s great to have med pics but I realize how important it is to go easy on the general pics after the move.

So, any ideas out there for decent free websites where you can put up pics?