Adoptable Cavies - Saint Paul, Minnesota

Allysse

Post   » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:46 pm

Just a re-cap of the adoptable cavies available through the Jack Pine Guinea Pig Rescue and foster homes. For more information click on their names.

Laverne and Shirley

Charles and Revel

Toby is a single boar that’s about a year old. He is a tri-colored short hair guinea pig. He is a very sweet pig who likes to have lap time and time to run around. Toby needs a good home with lots of attention to give him. Image

Dapple is a single boar. He is about a year old. He is a black and cream short hair guinea pig. He likes being held and loves having space to run around. Dapple is not sure he likes other guinea pigs, so he needs a home where he can stay as a single pig if needed.

Jasper is a big 3-pound cuddly boar. He is a black Abyssinian/Peruvian mix (long hair with rosettes/cowlicks). His age is not known but he is an adult and probably over 2 years old. He is easy to get out of the cage, and is a true lap pig. He would do well with a young boar.

Murphy and Boomer are a bonded pair of males. They are adult guinea pigs probably over 2 years old. Murphy is an agouti, red and white Abyssinian. Boomer is a tri-colored Peruvian. They are both easy to get out of the cage and love to be held. They must go to their new home together.

Calvin and Hobbes are two cute male guinea pigs that are full of personality. They must go to their new home together. Email Vicki for more information. www.JPGPR.com

The foster home is located 10 minutes south of Saint Paul, Minnesota. If you are interested in any of the guinea pigs above please email us with a quick description of you family and which guinea pig(s) you are interested in. Contact allysse@comcast.net or 651-335-0158.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:02 pm

They are so cute! Adopters, where are you?

Jasper looks just like my Fatberry -ahem- Blackberry. Black abbruvian.

Jezie+Pottersmom

Post   » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:26 pm

Adorable pigs!!!!:)

ChadWPB

Post   » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:32 am

Jasper is a longer-haired version of my Snuggles.

You got some of the cutest pigs there.

LER

Post   » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:47 pm

My god I simply adore them all. I was going to say, I adore Laverne and Shirley . . . then I scrolled down and thought the same thing about each one! How can anyone not want to take them all home?! Your phtos, btw, are just terrific, so bright! Are they mostly in natural lighting?

Allysse

Post   » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:09 pm

LER- all except for Toby's picture. I like to use natural light because indoors my camera tends to have overexposure problems. It's obsessed with it's flash:)

The pigs are cute in the picture, but in real life they are so much fun. I'm lucky to have some real sweeties. I know if circumstances were different I would keep them all. They each have their cute little perks.

The past couple of weeks I haven't had anyone email or call about them besides people that were too far away and one that went to a breeder. Today I got 2 potential potential adopters. I have a great flyer that I plan on putting up to replace an old flyer that wasn't very good. Hopefully people will see that these pigs are the icing on the cake.

Chloe760

Post   » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:21 pm

Nice pictures, Allysse! Wow...lots of new adoptables!

Allysse

Post   » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:09 pm

Here is the description of Calvin and Hobbes: (their nickname is the bad boys)

Bad boys, bad boys!  Watcha gonna do?  Watcha gonna when they come for you?

These two handsome brothers were actually named Bad Boys for the first few weeks after I got them.  Now they are Calvin and Hobbes.  These guys are not really bad, but they are squirrelly and independent.
If you want guinea pigs that will calmly sit on your lap for hours while you watch TV - these boys aren't it.
If you want guinea pigs that live for snuggles and cuddles - these boys aren't it.

However, if you're looking for a pet that will entertain you, make you smile, and help you forget about your crappy day - Calvin and Hobbes may be just the guinea pigs you're looking for.
If you want guinea pigs that are curious about what you're doing, will talk to each other and you, are very enthusiastic about treats - Calvin and Hobbes may be the right guinea pigs for you.
If you want guinea pigs that will provide lots of company, but you might not have time everyday to hold and play with them - Calvin and Hobbes might just be a perfect for you.

These brothers are cream colored Americans.  They are identical twins, nearly impossible to tell apart.  One pig (don't ask me which) is just slightly bigger than the other.  Calvin and Hobbes are active, athletic, playful, inquisitive and busy.  They are not quiet little cuddle-buns, there is just too much to see and do to sit still for very long.  Like most brothers, Calvin and Hobbes occasionally argue.  Sometimes there's some bickering and sparring.  Sometimes there's even some humping (how rude!).  Disagreements blow over quickly, and Calvin and Hobbes are soon back to patrolling their cage together and striving to impress the neighboring piggies with how handsome and macho they are.

Calvin and Hobbes are young, probably born in April 2004.  No doubt they will mellow out and appreciate cuddling and smoochies more as they mature and get used to one-on-one human attention.  Right now they tend to act like dorks when you take them out of the cage.  Occasionally there may just be a tiny nip if they feel they're being taken advantage of.  Surprisingly, both boys have been very good for baths and toenail trims.  These are not guinea pigs for young children.

Calvin and Hobbes are stocky boys that love to run and popcorn, and gracefully leap up and down off their wooden house.  They are currently in a 30" X 24" cage.  It is NOT big enough for them.  These two boys would love a large C & C pen, though they have hopped out of a 6" tub so I'm not positive whether the grid walls would keep them in.  The brothers would thrive in a large cage/pen with tunnels, houses, toys to play with.  They crave adventure and excitement - and are probably bored to tears here.  Also, the more they have to do, the more enjoyable and interesting they are to watch.

Calvin and Hobbes are at Jack Pine Guinea Pig Rescue in Stacy, Minnesota.  This is roughly an hours drive from the Twin Cities.  For further information on our adoption process please visit the Adoption section at www.JPGPR.com.   If you feel Calvin and Hobbes might be the right guinea pigs for you or if you have questions, please email Vicki at JPGPR@aol.com

JodiMN

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:34 am

That would be www.jpgpr.com

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:20 am

What a great ad! I hope you get some good adopters soon.

Allysse

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:54 pm

Slim pickins' Snowflakey, slim pickins'...

Allysse

Post   » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:35 pm

Murphy and Boomer have been adopted.