Slim Shady

Vanessa

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:25 pm

Sliim sounded like a real people-pig, and also a pig guardian for his pig brothers. I'm sorry he's gone. Sorry for your loss.

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:18 pm

Yeah, he might have also been a bit dirty in the photo I took of him.

Chary told me when she first got him, she kept washing thinking he was dirty and then realized his feet really were dark! That must have been so funny.

He really was one of the coolest pigs I have ever met.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:12 pm

This is a wonderful chronicle and memorial to a wonderful and very special little guy.

He is the "Too Many of Me" pig, isn't he?

Perhaps that picture and flyer will help others. One life saved would be a very fitting tribute to this special little one.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:38 pm

I think the pig in "Too many of me" was Witherspoon. One life saved? Slim Shady got burnt to death by a foster who left him and his bonded cagemate, Frac out in the sun on a 95 degree afternoon.

Slim Shady = https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... sc&start=0

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:31 pm

The "Too Many of Me" ad had that pic of Slim in it that I posted.

Maybe at least it is helping people to realize there are guinea pigs in shelters.

babydolleyes15

Post   » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:19 am

Just read this and it made me cry. So sorry to hear about this. I wish these people could go through what the poor piggies had to go through. I hope they will never be trusted with any animals again.

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:26 am

CP, thank you for writing this. I can't look at the pictures.

I still have in my mind the image of him being brought out to me in the cardboard box at the shelter. I went there looking for a friend for Meg after calling and being told there was a female there. I looked in the box and he looked up at me. I picked him up and saw a very large pair of testicles. But I decided to take him home anyway. And yes, I did spend a great amount of time trying to wash the himi off him before I realized. He was very dirty because they found him running around in a park.

I'm going to write a memorial page for Slim and Frac to put on the website. Since the family disposed of them without asking us, we don't even have that closure. Normally pigs in our rescue who pass away get a little urn or wooden box with a plaque stating their name. I really wish we could have that for them.

If anyone has any ideas for the memorial page, or anyone who knew Slim and Frac would like to contribute something, please let me know. I definitely am going to say something about not leaving guinea pigs outside unattended.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:50 pm

"Maybe at least it is helping people to realize there are guinea pigs in shelters."

That's what I meant about a life saved.

He deserved better. He deserved so much better.

petit-filous

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:45 am

ChunkyPiggies I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Slim Shady sounds like such a darling. He's in a better place now, no doubt still his spunky little self and doting on other young piggies.

Orvis
Power to the Pigs

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:26 am

Chunky he was a doll. His lips are so cute. Sorry for your loss.

anglaz

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:58 pm

He was quite the cute character! Love the rooster tail. Poor Slim, you will be missed.

guins

Post   » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:57 pm

Oh no! Is this the same Slim Shady who was at the Family Pet Expo in Orange County a few months back? I held a white/cream male named Slim Shady. I just loved him. I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and Slim. I did a search and couldn't find a thread on what exactly happened.