Trimming Hiney Hair

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:38 am

Do any of you long-haired piggie owners have to trim your pigs hiney hair? All three of my adult pigs get soggy bottoms from time to time. It´s not like I´m a bad piggie owner, I spot clean the cages daily and deep-clean them once a week. However, they like to pee in the same spot in the cage over and over, and then they like to sit in it and get soggy. Is this normal?

I bathe them on a regular basis, but can´t do it every time they get a soggy bottom, so I usually just cut the soggy hair off. Good thing they aren´t show piggies. LOL
Last edited by GetShelly on Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:23 am

Great idea. I do it on one of my pigs (longer hair) and it really helps alot. I think it´s more hygenic (less bacteria build-up) and they don´t smell as much.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:56 am

I trim him all over, but it is the same general idea.

Becky

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:04 am

My peruvians get regular hiney trims as well as all-over trims.

I also do butt baths if things look at bit nasty. Fill a sink with temperate water and dunk their butts. Works like a charm!

Zoe

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:43 am

I´m a butt washer. Don´t have to wash a whole pig.

Sweet Pea has a trail of whispy hair, 2 inches, coming off her butt. Haven´t trimmed it yet, but I can see I will have to someday. I am surprised it has stayed as clean as it has. I did get a special brush just for her butt.

Did I say "butt" enough?

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:20 pm

"Uh huh uh, Uh huh uh.....you said butt....."

No one will no what I´m talking about unless they watched Beavis and Butthead....It´s sad, I´m old.

stickyfroggi

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:36 pm

Beavis and Butthead... my mom didn´t like us watching that so my sister and I used to sneak and watch it.

I have to keep Moppy´s butt hair short because if I don´t it´ll be wet from being a lazy pig and peeing in her house. I am a butt washer as well. It´s quick and simple lil water and a shampoo bum rub and then I just hold her whole butt under the faucet belly side up only because she will let me. A lot of pigs will get all cracked out if you flip them over under a faucet but she doesn´t mind. She even lets me blowdry her afterwards. Compliant little piggy.
Last edited by stickyfroggi on Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:19 pm

and then she lets you dress her in silly little dresses and hats.

So sticky - how will your pigs be dressed for Halloween? ;-)

Zoe

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:07 am

Uh huh uh, uh huh uh... Yeah, guilty. I have watched and at one time laughed at Beavis and Butthead.

Butt...

Guinea pigs do have cool butts though... Love how they walk like toddlers in diapers.

stickyfroggi

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:48 pm

I haven´t found their halloween costumes but believe me I have been looking!

I want Mocha to be a piggy-pumpkin and Moppy a witch... original? Nah. Cute? Yes.
Easy costumes though, since I might be making them myself.

I feel left out when people are talking about what their kids are going to be for halloween so dangit MY CHILDREN (the pigs) are gonna dress up too.
Last edited by stickyfroggi on Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.