Are we pregnant?

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:13 pm

I think Cara had it right...all of you that have given so much of your lives to helping these homeless animals have every right to judge those who choose to create more...

if no one could ever judge another person for anything because "God is in charge of that" than we´d have even more chaos in this world than we do now.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:16 pm

That´s where Scamper and Streak come from (and Mustard before he died). Some guy started with 5 or six, and five years down the road, they had to take away 235 guinea pigs. He didn´t think it was ´fair´ to separate the boys and girls...

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:29 pm

Speaking of piggie pregnancies gone bad...

Just heard from Becci (she runs the rescue here in Phoenix). She said that one of the pregnant pigs had her babies yesterday. There were 4 and all were still-born and severely underdeveloped. Poor things...mama seems to be doing fine though.

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:46 pm

I know I´m probably opening up a whole new can of worms, but in thinking along these lines of logic, why do we continue to have children when so many children around the world, and in our own foster care system, need good homes. Just food for thought.

pinta

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:58 pm

Can´t blame me - I knew we had enough humans as a kid and have not contributed any more.

And I am sick of the God excuse. Whatta lazy-ass ducking responsibility cop-out that always is. And when people use it, they expect a respectful silence, nodding of heads and seem to believe they are accepted as a good religious person because they obviously have a personal relationship with God.

I´ve heard the "God excuse" used for crabgrass. "It´s God´s will". Yeah right - more like it´s God´s will that there are a lazy-assed excuses of a human beings incapable of rational thought.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:16 pm

getshelly - actually tried that argument on my husband...almost got him too. But he still wants one of his own. We´ll see...

Pinta - my thoughts exactly.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:34 pm

SpottyPoo-
I thought you wouldn´t read this board anymore? Welcome back.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:03 pm

I think I scared her. I was seeing her name at the bottom of the page (people logged on) and thought she´d come back.

bats

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:07 pm

Hit your quota for today, E?

Becky

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:46 am

Getshelly, no kids here. I also made a decision 14 years ago to cut my salary in half and teach little kids. Poor things!

I agree. Way too many kids and way too many not getting proper care.

imanut4u

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:40 am

I just really wish anyone considering breeding any animal would spend time in an animal control facility. Stats for our county speak volumes to me and we have a very small shelter. 2600 animals in, 860 adopted out in 2001.

My head hurts to think about the shelters in other counties handling 10,000 animals each year.

Becky

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:37 am

imanut4u, thanks for posting that stat. It is mind boogling.

Yes, spend some time in a shelter. And make sure to watch as the rendering truck comes. If that doesn´t stop a person, I don´t know what would.