To everyone: Gone for a few days...

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 9:54 am

I have a friend emergency to tend to, so I will be out of all internet contact for at least a couple of days. Teresa or Sharlene (sharlenegp@aol.com) can probably get in touch with me by phone in dire need, but I´m hoping that pinta, lynx, evangeline, and the others will be able to help most of the cavy questions. I´m sure they can handle it.

If it isn´t urgent, you may still email me, but be aware it may be some time before the email is answered.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:17 am

Thanks for the notice. Hope your friend will be alright.

pinta

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:21 pm

Thanks for letting us know. Hope everything works out okay.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:20 pm

Hope things are OK.

Evangeline

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:41 pm

I hope everything will be ok. Talk to you soon.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:42 pm

Whew! That was fast! I am home already. I thought I was going to be gone for at least a couple more days, but there is good news. My friend went in for an emergency C-Section on Valentine´s Day and she and the baby (5 weeks early) are doing well. I was taking care of the house, dogs, and a couple of kids. Dad came home to relieve me. I´m glad the outcome was so good. Except for a small body size and no body fat, the baby is doing remarkably well for his age.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:55 pm

Both my kids were several weeks early (normal labor). They often do just fine. Glad to have you back, though!

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2002 9:02 pm

Thanks. It´s nice to have it all over. We all knew it was a high-risk pregnancy and my friend was on strict bed-rest and eating habits due to gestational diabetes. Despite all of the work I know she did, her blood sugar was still too high and the baby was not moving well or growing, which is why they did the c-section.