lump/cyst? on ear

shirleytx

Post   » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:37 pm

does anyone have an idea as to what this might be? I first noticed it tonight so I'm guessing it must have been fast growing. Needless to say I'm calling the vet first thing. It feels hard and solid, any ideas?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:37 am

Wow. I'm guessing an abscess. There's an outside chance of a bug bite but I kind of doubt it. Let us know what the vet says.

I copied your interesting pic to the board. Let me know if that's okay with you.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:57 am

Holy moly. I hope everything goes well at the vet.

shirleytx

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:26 pm

Ok, back from the vets. She said it’s an abscess, no surprise there. She tried to remove some the contents which initially provided some relief but as the fluid was so thick, like toothpaste she couldn’t get close to removing it all. She is going in on Tuesday to have the abscess removed surgically. The vet thinks the abscess was caused by a clocked duct/follicle which then became infected.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:12 pm

Good luck with the surgery. I hope the pig isn't in pain with that thing. Sounds pretty gross.

shirleytx

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:48 pm

Hero, the piggy in question does not appear to be in any pain, she is happily munching on everything in site as usual.
Lynx, you may use the picture if you would like. Where is it going?

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:07 pm

shirley, usually when she does that she copies the pic to her server, then relinks it in your post.

So if you ever delete your pic from your server, the image will always be here in your thread. That way if anyone ever has the same/similar problem and does a search in a year, the pic will still be here for comparison.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:50 pm

Yes, like Nurgle explains. Once in a blue moon I may use a pic in the reference and also link to the original thread. I'd like to do that more often but need to discipline myself into getting some additional information put up.

I'm a little confused on the location -- is it inside the ear? On the inside earflap?

shirleytx

Post   » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:11 pm

Yes it is on the underside of the ear flap.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1