Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme...

Bonnie

Post   » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:55 pm

Fennel does smell like anise, so you're probably right.

lisam

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:59 am

Well, the Food Chanel must be wrong, because they are completely different plants, with different botanical names. I grow fennel in my garden for my pigs.

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:24 am

Maybe I'm thinking Fennel and Baby Fennel then as being female, male.

It was on the Molto Mario show.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:57 am

My pigs like Pineapple Sage a LOT.

newwave_polly

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:44 pm

My pigs like pretty much everything that's been mentioned. They love lavender too, and they'll eat nasturtium leaves from the garden.

Orvis
Power to the Pigs

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:26 pm

My pigs love mint - they gobble it up as much as parsley. Also cilantro and basil. That's all I found so far.

Becky

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:37 pm

Mine adore dill. Run from mint. I never tried rosemary, but I'd worry a bit because of them possibly choking on it.

Just a note. Basil is pretty high in calcium and oxalates. Of course, they aren't eating all that much, so it's probably fine.

totoro33
Supporter in '06

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:58 pm

Mine love oregano. Also basil and thyme. They won't touch lemon balm, mexican tarragon, or rosemary.

agatha

Post   » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:59 pm

Mine like lemon balm, but they like mint okay as well. Pigs that don't like mint might not like lemon balm. We planted a bunch of red clover out back and we put them out to graze when the weather permits. They grub on the clover. It costs maybe $1.50 for a big bag of seed.