Another reason I am happy I have piggies...

kimber9180

Post   » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:22 am

My fiance Randy has always teased me about being such a strong animal lover (I am a vegeterian, get very upset when I hear about animal cruelty, spoil my pets rotten, etc.).
So I was the initiator for getting our first guy, Horace and I wasn't sure how Randy would react. He was very jumpy around Horace at first, scared he would bite, mainly. But still curious and wanting to give affection.
Randy has been home sick the last year with pancreatitis and unable work much, so he spends alot of time alone and lonely.
He now spends amazing amounts of time with the piggies. He calls me at work with updates throughout the day and is giving them tons of lap time.
When I came home last night, what a sight I saw!
Randy with Horace on his lap, Horace sprawled out with double sexy leg looking like a big furry puddle, making noises I didn't know a piggie could make.
Randy is the proud daddy, calling him his little lap piggy and feeding him hay saying "eat for daddy".
Apparently the same scenario had been repeated earlier with our newest guy, Peanut.
I am not only learning about guinea pigs, I am learning about the man I have been living with for the past 3 years. Very, very cool.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:39 pm

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

JodiMN

Post   » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:20 pm

How fun!

Sexy legs rule!

cacosta

Post   » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:29 pm

It's great that he doesn't feel lonely or bored. The piggies are obviously great therapy for him. Good job!!

sallymac
Cavia Emptor

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:01 pm

They've won another human over with their mind control methods!

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:06 pm

I'm really hoping that when I move in with Sweet Boy, he'll fall for the piggies (and the cats). He seems to think he'll like the cats better, but I bet that changes after they discover his leather couch... >_<

All of my friends who've met Miss Pea are totally wrapped around her little paw. Some people don't find my other pigs very interesting, but I have yet to find someone who Miss Pea can't win over.

richardsdm
All for the Hogs

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:09 pm

unless that person is a guinea pig.

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:24 pm

That made me laugh. :)

princessalaisha

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:55 am

Great story, thanks for sharing. It took my pigs about a week to win over my hubsand. They now squeak a little louder when he is in the room. Then agian it could be that he feeds them more veggie treats then me. ( He usually gets home before me!)

liluqt

Post   » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:56 pm

My 3 pigs live with my boyfriend and they are his closest family now! His mom and sister skipped out of town one night and never came back, so it was just him and his deadbeat dad. I always worried that he would be lonely, but now he has 3 babies to keep him busy. I'm blessed the pigs came into our lives!