Now George is peeing blood.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:02 pm

Perhaps she moved or stretched or scratched too much and tore part of the healing skin, or a suture got tugged out of place. It's probably not as bad as the bites Evil has.

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:27 am

I still think its fine.

J.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:50 pm

Returning to this thread, here's George's incision from yesterday:

and from today:

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:41 pm

It looks good to me, Swannie. Gee, I think I have seen well over 300 spays and most of them look just like this. Some heal better than others.. and some heal worse. She tore out her sutures.. so it looks pretty good for having done that. And it looks ok anyway. That is my opinion as a layman, of course.

Judi

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:45 pm

Oh yes, it does look fine. The vet confirmed it today when I sent pictures: https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17022

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:47 pm

It's cool being able to send such good pics. We should do up a photo page of George's incision and healing to help people know what it could look like. I always regretted not taking more pics of Snowflake.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:42 am

Got the urolith analysis results back. George's stone was 100% calcium carbonate.

Becky

Post   » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:44 pm

Those are the most common kind, according to my vet. It's good to have the info, isn't it?

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:52 pm

Oh, definitely. We've been pretty much following the proper veggie ratios, but will be even more regimented (more accurate weights, etc) going forward.

Do all calcium carbonate stones look so weird on the surface, though?

Becky

Post   » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:00 pm

Cookie's first one looked like that -- like a brain--except hers wasn't as rounded. It had a more irregular shape.

When she passed the giant grit, the pieces looked like what I would imagine a shattered stone looks like. Lots of "bud-like" pieces, if that makes sense.

It does explain why it hurts so badly, knocking around in there, doesn't it?

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:48 pm

We all know there's nothing like continuing drama to keep a pig owner on her toes.

George started peeing blood again and lost a couple of ounces. She is off to see Dr. Schott tomorrow.

Sigh.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:53 pm

My heart sunk when I saw this on the top. I really hope its just a UTI. I wish you and little George lots of luck.