When to throw in the towel?

pinta

Post   » Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:19 am

Don´t let her trim them again unless they are showing signs of growing into the gumline or growing misaligned. Trimming unnecessarily only delays when he´ll be able to rip and tear. Check Guinea Lynx for teeth info and pics of teeth growing in.

The bottom teeth will grow up to meet the top teeth. As the top teeth grow, they will grind the bottom teeth back down to the correct length.

The teeth breaking off could indicate a C deficiency. Make sure he´s getting a C supplement until the teeth grow back.

Louise

Post   » Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:28 pm

thanks pinta - she trimmed them becaue they had gotten rather ong - but she didnt take too much off.

im thinking of caging him seperately to make sure hes eating his chopped food - he fed from my hand esterday but not today. trouble is dont want to stress him out even more. humph is guarding him fiercely.

CAT

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:05 pm

I feel sad for those of you with timid pigs. My two are nosey, pushy and bossy. When I get home from work they squeal for their food and rush to the front of the cage. When I put it in, their noses are rummaging through it before the bowl hits the floor (often I have little feet pulling my arm down). After checking out the bowl they then check my hands for ´treats´ - if my fingers smell of veggies I often get a nip! They only run away if they think I might be going to pick them up.

Sneakers, who I lost recently, used to put his head in the air for a chin scratch every time I walked past. We even have them used to all our noises - they don´t even flinch when my husband grinds coffee beans every morning!

Louise, may Gingerpig get braver every day!

CAT