Snuggles chirped again - with a twist!

ChadWPB

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:46 pm

We know that our boar Snuggles is a confirmed chirper. Tonight I had Snuggles on my lap, when he started to brethe rapidly in hard bursts. I thought he was beginning to convulse - something was wrong.

But then I heard a familiar, haunting sound. The little guy started chirping - right on my lap! He continued for about thirty seconds, then took a deep breath and finished his serenade.

Like his first chirp, it was about 10:30 PM.

This is about the coolest thing I've ever seen with a guinea pig.

JodiMN

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:48 pm

For cool!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:51 pm

Weird!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:53 pm

Neat, Chad!
You must have scared the pants off him!
(hey, just kidding)

ChadWPB

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:48 am

The strange thing is I thought the chirping was something done secretly. Normally when a chirper detects a human presence, the chirping stops.

BoC was freaking out, too. After he finished chirping, BoC held him and he snuggled right into her arms.

Sunny

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:24 am

Wow, so cool.
I don't think it's a private thing. When Spot chirped four years ago, I actually picked him up and he didn't stop... but stayed in a trance-like state for several minutes.

Winnie chirped last weekend and I was standing right there.

I wish we knew what was going on when chirping happens. Your description of his breathing makes me even more curious.
Last edited by Sunny on Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

cacosta

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:25 am

Good job ChadWPB, I take that as a sign that he loves and trusts you enough to let out the secret calling of the mother ship. Maybe when the ship gets here you will be chosen as the official veggie supplier.

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:48 am

Hmmm, how were you holding him Chad? ; )

pigbert

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:05 pm

I am jealous. Nova has only chirped once, and I am eagerly awaiting a return performance. Do any of you who have chirpers find that they make other "weird" noises during the day? I only ask because Nova has the ability to grunt like a real pig, and it's slightly disconcerting.