RSPCA case

Jill

Post   » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:04 am

Yay Louise!

Louise

Post   » Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:00 pm

im in norfolk 2pigs are you in the uk, too?

Louise

Post   » Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:01 pm

oh and thanks guys

my2piggies

Post   » Sat Feb 02, 2002 5:15 pm

Yes I´m up in the North West though

I was tempted by a similar sign in a window i passed going to work too.
It was offering guineapigs free to a good home. I could´ve even go and look because I Knew I would´ve gone and took the whole lot if, husband would´ve had a fit!

Kat

Post   » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:10 pm

Aw, you didn´t call him "Squash"?

Louise

Post   » Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:45 am

Rang The RSPCA today. The officer on the case hasnt updated the call yet - but the operator said she would have visited within 48 hours and may be going back to check on him or follow it up. Maybe thats why hed mucked out on Friday night?

She said she will call though when the call is finished or with further news.

Both boys doing well. Woody is going to be a right little monkey and Nemo has relaxed a bit now and is gaining confidence.
Humphrey is going mental as he knows there are new pigs around but cant find them.

Cara

Post   » Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:02 am

Congrats on the new pigs, Lou!

Louise

Post   » Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:30 am

rang for an update. they said the officer involved would call me back. I guess something must be happening otherwise the call would have just been signed off.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:40 am

Great news Louise. Enjoy those new pigs. They are lucky you found them.

Sunny

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:24 pm

Louise, any update on the RSPCA visit? (I hope they shut them down!) Also, what about pigpal´s question about breeder regulations in England?

Louise

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:24 am

the rspca cannot prosecute unless they are being kept in a condition which IS causing suffering. by which time its ofen too late. the want the law changed so they can prosecte if suffering is LIKELY to be caused.

on the plus side - i was told today that the case is still open and the inspector is going back next week to check he has made the changes thay ´asked´ for. i suspect the pigs/rabbits werent ill enough to allow prosecution

Louise

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:29 am

pigpal as far as i know there arent any breeding regulations in the uk. i will look into it though