Julian - 5 days old - inverted eye lashes

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:26 pm

Poor little guy. :(

dribble

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:22 pm

I would put my money on a full recovery with no blindness. The eyes are amazing at healing and he's so very young that he may be just fine!

cacosta

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:30 pm

Give little Julian some kisses from me. I hope he does well. How old will he be when he has surgery?

ChelesGP
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:37 pm

Julian will be 15 days old on the day of the surgery.

cacosta

Post   » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:37 am

Poor little piggy. Has to go through so much at an early age. Did they give a quote as to how much this surgery would cost?

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:19 pm

About $210.

He's already got $104 in exams and such.

tede

Post   » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:01 am

Erin: I just wanted to say that in talking with my Vet on the phone today he is telling me what I didn't really want to her -that evidently my little girl also has the inverted eyelashes problem. Talked about surgery, etc. But I won't be able to afford that. The mama was a rescue and we didn't know she was going to have pups when I got her.

Vet did tell me to keep putting med in eye so won't get scratched and also can use saline.

Where to go from here, not sure.........

Glad you are able to get surgery for your Julian

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:33 am

This pig is also a rescue, and I can't afford the surgery either. It will go on a credit card and I will end up paying more than what the surgery costs in intrest fee's. However, it is painful for him and surgery is the best option and the only solution for him to be able to be placed up for adoption.

Just think of what it feels like if you get the smallest piece of debris in your eye. Hurts, doesn't it?

Start saving your money.

tede

Post   » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:14 pm

I hear ya........

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:39 pm

Tede, that pig really needs surgery. It is extremely painful.

I suggest asking around to see if there are any reputable vets that are willing to do the surgery for a more reasonable rate. I see you're in WA, so the vets there are much cheaper than here in CA where I live.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:56 pm

trying to see the last post that isn't showing...

*nevermind, it says on the main page that tede was the last poster. Odd.

dribble

Post   » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:26 pm

Here are two vets in Washington.

[address invalid]/forums/vi ... c&start=60