You Know You´re a Novice When...

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:45 pm

I´m not going to touch that comment with a ten foot pole!!!

Kara

KarasKavies

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:49 pm

I didn´t know there were dark eyed whites. I don´t think I have ever seen one. If a PEW is a red with no color, what is a DEW??

My Penny has been referred to as red. She may be golden now that I see this photo. She is pretty dark, but not as dark as this pig.

Kara

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:33 am

A PEW can be a red with all the red suppressed. I think they can be something else, but that´s too deep for me. And yes, you can have a DEW. I think they are very nice.

Orange (it,s called orange in North America and golden in Europe) is a red with pink eyes. Your pig has dark eyes. The pink eye gene dilutes the red to a golden color, but that´s not your pig. I can´t really tell from the picture since I don´t see all of her body, but she is either a brassy cream or a pale red. I´d go for red. Any more pictures?

KarasKavies

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:58 am

The picture of Tubbit in her cozy is the pig I thought was white and cream! Penny, my other pig, is the one I think is red. YES!!! I have LOTS of pictures! I just have to perfect my posting abilities! I´ll get some up of both of them. Penny is the one who had the wierd fur part running down to her butt. BUT... it was caused by mites. Since the mites are gone, the fur part is gone too.

I´ll get some photos up. Penny has dark eyes too. I would LOVE to see a DEW in person. I bet they are really cute! Are they pretty uncommon?

Kara

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:00 pm

Kara-
Ok, she´s a brassy cream, then. That´s what I thought originally. And your other pig sounds red.

Lynx has a DEW, her Snowflake. It´s the white Abby that comes up on her avatar.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:02 pm

Her eyes really are blue. I think it makes her look so intelligent (guess what color my eyes are??).

KarasKavies

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:04 pm

A picture of Tubbit with her sister Taffy.

[img]http://www.cavycages.com/Gallery4/gmi4.jpg[img]

KarasKavies

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:04 pm

KarasKavies

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:07 pm

Well, the link works! Like I said, I´m still trying to get this!

Lynx... any chance they are blue!!??

KarasKavies

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:10 pm

Last try. Here´s Penny and Lilly too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 12:24 pm

My blue-eyed baby:

Sunny

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:08 pm

They are all really adorable! Thanks for sharing.