Cloudy Urine

shaggymaniac

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:09 pm

Today I noticed that Shaggy (my male) had cloudy urine on his towel. I brought him out and when he peed again it was cloudy/milky. He has been eating veggies, pellets, hay and drinking fine. He has no diahrea in his cage. I have never seen this in any of the piggies I´ve had. I read in the medical guide that it could be a urinary infection. I made an appt for the vet tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen this before. Thanks.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:13 pm

I am not an expert in this! All of my 3 have had milky white urine. I think it has to do with the calcium in their diet. I do think it is ok. Your piggy is so cute!

Kara

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:26 pm

I agree. It is pretty typical. The amount of cloudiness changes from one pee to the next. If it is chunky or very thick and sludgy, you might consider cutting back on calcium in the diet.

It is blood in urine you need to watch out for. Milky/cloudy urine is pretty normal.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:09 pm

My buddy has cloudy urine, too. Nothing to be alarmed over. It´s clean-looking and has no blood or anything...it´s just not clear.

shaggymaniac

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:42 pm

Thanks for the advice. There is definitely no blood in his urine just cloudy. He´s running his night time laps now.