Gavin the Mighty Guinea Pig

Alibabble

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:52 pm

I picked you out long before I knew about shelters, rescues or anything about caring for you properly. You were this adorable little bundle of love with all that crazy abby hair. I picked you because when I reached in to pet you you made a happy noise, and then ran away and bit your friend. I went to see you every day in the pet store, and I prayed that no one would take you home.

Once I got back from my vacation I rushed to the store to make sure you were still there, and I bought you immediately. You spent the entire car ride home cuddled in my arms. I was amazed at how much noise such a little guy could make, and stunned at how much food you could consume.

As the years passed I got better at taking care of you, I gave you a bigger house and better food. People thought I was crazy for having a bale of hay in my apartment, but the joy you expressed at each new feeding more than made up for it. You came everywhere with me; you've been on cars, ferries, and float planes. I remember how much you loved the Charlotte's and all that green grass and yummy weeds. I loved the way you would try to trick us into giving you double veggies; crying so piteously at Corey when he came home from work and begging at the side of the cage.

I knew that we wouldn't have you for much longer when we diagnosed your kidney problems, but you just kept fighting. You were the bravest pig I have ever met, it didn't matter how sick you felt you fought long and hard. I'm so glad that we spent weeks syringe feeding you last summer, I got several more months with you which was worth all the lost sleep. I'm sorry for all of the needles, but I always made it up to you with extra good veggies or a favourite fruit. You always forgave me, and gave me those sweet piggy kisses.

When you died you took a piece of my heart, but I know that you are over the Rainbow Bridge with all of your brothers and sisters. I know that your kidneys don't hurt anymore, your bladder is perfect, and you can see everything. I know that you will be fine until I get there, you always were my fearless explorer pig. I love you Gavin, and I just wish we could have had more time (and that I had better pictures).

Gavin: March, 2000 to February 11, 2005.

LER

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:59 pm

What a wonderful tribte. I am so sorry he has gone.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:01 pm

He sounds like such a great pig. And it sounds like you will have wonderful memories of him for years to come.

skooters mommy

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:43 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Gavin was such a pretty pig. He is at the Rainbow Bridge with my little Skooter (RIP 2/4/05). Gavin was very lucky to have you. Please take care of yourself.

angelscavies

Post   » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:23 am

What a cutie. He is happy to have you till his time. He is at the rainbow bridge with my Holly too. Rest in peace Holly 12/19/04-1/10/05. She was only 3 weeks old. But Gavin is happy and popcorning eating his favorite veggies and unlimited hay too. Playing with all of our lost loved piggies too.

pigsandrats

Post   » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:30 pm

What a handsome boy..... I'm so sorry. :(

I loved what you wrote, btw..... it was beautiful.

JodiMN

Post   » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:01 pm

What a cutie. He is what I imagine my Jasper probably looked like as a baby.