Athletic Pig

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:24 am

Julius has mastered stairs. Last night I set him on the first one and off he went. It´s really cute. He did the whole flight, although I´m sure he wasn´t pleased to have us laughing at/near him. But I was impressed. He did it on his own - no treats to tempt him along, and no "help" to keep him going (except for the triangle shaped one at the top that confused him).

I just think it´s cool. So when do the Guinea Pig Olympics start? ;)

lisam

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:26 am

Will you be buying him a broom now?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:54 am

You mean regular people stairs? That is great! I couldn´t imagine any of mine chasing up the stairs.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:01 am

RS, that is quite an accomplishment for Julius! My pig won´t even go up one stair. He looks up at the stairs, gives me a look like "You want me to go all the way up there," and then turns around and walks the other way. I think Julius is ready for the stair event in the Piggy Olympics! I think my pig will just have to stick with the popcorning event or the parsley-eating competition. Now, would the pigs really want a medal as a reward or would they prefer food? I´m thinking food!

Jill

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:06 am

I think he needs a super-hero cape!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:35 am

Yes, the food eating contests would be popular. I´m guessing Nina and Kitten would be neck and neck to the finish. Other than food, I don´t think I have an Olympic winner in the bunch.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:41 am

Lisam, a broom?

Yes, Lynx, people stairs. Granted, they´re covered in carpet, but off he goes. I´ve never heard of a pig doing that before. Julius is a fairly solid, muscular pig. It really shouldn´t surprise me he can do this.

So, does my boy have any competition? A race isn´t much of a race by yourself.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:45 am

Well, if I gave a *tiny* push, mine could make it down the stairs in record time....
Last edited by Lynx on Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jill

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:44 pm

Our vet did say Piggie is a muscular girl (guess she doesn´t take after me!). My son devised some steps out of boxes, but she had to be tempted with food before she would try anything.

Back to Lynx´ favorite subject, don´t you find that most pigs are prolific poopers? That could be an event of Olympic proportion......output based on quantity, size, density,frequency, projectile distance..... Lynx could make them gold leaf poo medals.

lisam

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:06 pm

Sure, a broom. For curling. It is becoming all the rage here since the Olympics.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:29 pm

I said he climbed stairs, not ran around on ice. ;)

Sonia

Post   » Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:29 pm

YAY !!! Well done Julius !!! I think my Piggie and Tizzy, would make adequete opponents. Piggie has always managed to run up the stairs, and Tizzy needed some encouragement, but now positively flies up them. At least Piggie stops at the top on command, whereas Tizzy gets so excited that she keeps going and a full scale ´Hunt Tizzy´ search party has to ensue, as she trots off into someones bedroom.

Here´s a tip for you Ravenshade, if your floor is big enough on the top of the stairs, lie down on your tummy and watch his face and ears, as Julius bounds away towards you. It is the single most cutest, and funniest thing you´ll ever see. I´ve often tried photographing it, but they are too quick, and the picture is usually of a fuzzy-butt about to hop forward a little, to reach the next step. Oh well, I always said " My photography is designed to provoke a memory, rather than produce an image !!! ". Seriously though, try lying at the top, and try not to laugh too loud, as my laughter always stops them in their tracks !!!

Congratulations, and big snuggles to Julius !!!

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia