theory on chirping

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:43 pm

One of my 11 pigglies chirps. I have yet to discover who it is. It really does sound like a bird. We do have tons of Florida wildlife outside our open pool pocket doors (many are ospreys) so I have assumed the chirping was from outside.

However, this has been a hot and humid winter here in South Florida, therefore my house has been closed up with the A/C on. Yet, I hear the chirping still in the still of the night.

I may have to locate a piggycam in the cages to see and hear the chirper.

PS: In regards to the theory of loneliness: none seem lonely.

I do have the two connected girl cages open with a ramp 24/7. The 6-girls and 1-neutered male travel in and about all through the day and night. They go back in the cage to poop and pee, unless for some wierd reason they stay out all night, then I clean up the corner they have claimed as home for the night. So loneliness does not seem to be a variable in this equation.

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:52 pm

PPS: Charybdis, come home. We miss you.

bats

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:03 pm

Too late. She's gone.

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:19 pm

You are so bad! I was already for a cute photo of Char waving goodbye. NOT what you sent. But a very, very good "guffuald" (sic) ie HAH-HAH.

PS The above word looks like Ioan Guffauld - the handsome actor from Wales (Horatio Hornblower). We love him. ( I still can't spell his name although it is pronounced "Griffith.)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:25 pm

Superlative. You look at one side of the pic. You laugh. You look at the other side. You laugh again. You go back to the first side and it just keeps getting worse. Then you think: Oh, they're trying to save this person? Then you laugh hysterically and fall on the floor.

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:27 pm

May I suggest lithium?

cluuuuur

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:22 am

Time difference?

That's a fascinating thought, actually - the clocks changed on Sunday morning, and I heard Peanut chirp on Monday night. Fortunately it was only around 9pm, rather than 4am, so I thoroughly enjoyed hearing it! When I got up to actually watch her, she stopped.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:06 am

I think it's because the seasons are more pronounced here, coming into spring and losing summer makes the pigs chirp!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:20 am

My husband thinks Neal is talking to the dryer, which has started to squeak when the cycle starts. I do admit it sounds a bit like chirping.

BabyMommy

Post   » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:13 pm

I've had a few piggies that chirp...My theory is that they are 'sleep talking'. Maybe having a nightmare.
Mine do it in the dead of night when we are all fast asleep.
Mine seem to be sleeping very soundly when I've heard it...even keeping it up when I tapped on the cage!
It could also be a sort of snoring.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:35 pm

BabyMommy, send me a pic and I'll make you a bigger avatar. I can't even tell what your avatar is.

lynxletter@guinealynx.info

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:38 am

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead and listen for chirping!