theory on chirping

Eralc

Post   » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:16 am

We heard one of our boys chirp for the first time last night. The long haired pigs had had a bath, and were in a totally odd mood last night - much chasing and humping (they're normally incredibly lazy). In the end, once the lights went out, they calmed down, but about 10 minutes later, someone (not sure who) started chirping - this was at about midnight.

Was quite excited to hear a chirping pig.

critterluv02

Post   » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:07 pm

I had chirping happening at about 1:00 this a.m. I only woke up briefly to hear it, but I know exactly who it was as there is only one pig left in my office for quarantine right now. That crazy Steely Dan.

critterluv02

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:42 am

I just had a "first".

I am holding Steely Dan for lap time while I read through the threads tonight and amazingly, he started chirping right here in my lap! What a neat experience. He is very relaxed and his whole little body gently bounces up and down while he does it.

Wow. That was cool. Well, he has just peed on me, so I guess laptime is over.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:52 am

:-)

Bonnie

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:30 am

So have everyone's pigs been chirping over the last couple of days? Cocoa has been going nuts. I'll be standing there giving them food, or just looking in the cages, and she'll just start up. Staring right at me. I can even pet her while she's going. But if I try to pick her up, she stops and runs. So weird.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:17 am

Actually, no. Not that I've noticed.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:19 pm

I was awoken last night at about 1am to this very loud chirping. I don't know who was going at it so loud. I snuck out to see who it was and it stopped. After I went back to bed the chirping started in again. I will catch the chirper in action...I will...

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:40 pm

Maybe you need a cavy cam!

Tashagurl

Post   » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:35 am

My pigs chirped a few times last week.

cowgirl

Post   » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:42 am

Sorry to dredge this up - but last night Baci chirped again. She always does it between 4-5am but only once every few months. She does it for a few minutes. I watched her last night and her eyes were open but she was in a trance and wiggling her butt. I just played Nina's sound and they both ran to their hidey house. I feel like it's something bad, like a nightmare, and it worries me. Pichu never chirps.

Kellyjo

Post   » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:13 am

Bear chirps, and it seems his way of communicating more than wheeking. It's high pitched. Also only done when the veggies are comming.

moonbeamdanser

Post   » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

I personally think the chirping is them contacting the mother ship.

"*chirp chirp chirp* TRANSMITTING"

"The humans have fallen for my ruse. While I must endure being called "piggle-iggle-lovey-butt", I receive food and attention to my hearts content with a mere 'wheek'. My studies must continue to see how far I can go!

*chirp chirp chirp* END TRANSMISSION"