I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' babies

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Well, what am I supposed to do nit-picking-dictator-you? LOL
That was the easiest way for me to clarify that adding artificial supplementation of minerals and vitamins (other than in a "balanced" cavy feed or in fresh feeds) was what the literature was talking about.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:00 pm

Ah, and now you have your proof I am somewhat dense. I didn't think of our pellets as commercial feed. I see what you are saying.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:06 pm

Ah... So that was it, huh? Glad we figured it out. I know I tend to make my sentences long.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:05 am

The board in the middle worries me, to be honest. I have had such huge sows that there would be no way one would make it over a board.

Even with 3-4 pups, their bellies are rubbing on the ground. Not sure at that point I believe in making them leap over a board.

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:16 am

I don't plan on making it high. In fact, I'm going to probably use fiddlesticks covered with a towel or something lower just as long as it requires a little effort to get over.

The most pregnant one is about a month along. I am dreaming up all kinds of ways to make the cage exercise-friendly. And of course the huge x-pens will be frequently used.

That's the beauty of working from home. The piggies get lots of playtime and cuddle time during the day as well as the evening.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:13 am

Perhaps bricks or something to climb over vs. a board.