Hello....New here

ladyveg

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:50 pm

Welcome, Julie! And not to steal your thunder, but I´ll post a pic of the baby you are applying for so everyone can see your potential new pig. He´s the one in the middle. You can´t see very well from this pic, but he´s a golden agouti and white boar, and his hair is extremely silky and growing longer than his brothers´. He was born on Christmas Day! He´s on the submissive side so we´re thinking he´d be a good little guy to pair with Gunner. And FYI to everyone else, the other two are still looking for homes.

Last edited by ladyveg on Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:34 pm

Wow! They are darling pigs! They look so innocent and sweet.

I have no doubt you will find homes for those dolls.

JulieandGunner

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:22 pm

Hi Dobby Rachel and Lynx!!! Ooooh there is my new baby hopefully! Isn´t he precious!!!!!

Evangeline

Post   » Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:31 pm

Julie-
Welcome aboard. Don´t worry about getting your first pig froma pet store. I think we all did it before realizing rescues are really the place to start. It´s great that you are thinking of giving Gunner a buddy. However, you need to be warned. Pigs are extremely addictive. I clearly remember the day I promised my boyfriend "yes, dear, just one"! Ha! A dozen of pigs later, here I am. Whenever one leaves for a forever home or one more gets here, now, he doesn´t even notice.

Oh, and don´t listen to Dobby. She needs to be smacked across the head from time to time, and that,s precisely what I´m going to do right now.

JulieandGunner

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:21 am

Hi Evangeline. I believe it about the addiction thing with the piggies! You ladies are just too funny. I am going to enjoy it here..lol!!! Now just don´t make me get out the box of depends or say something funny while I am drinking my hot java!!!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:35 am

It pains me greatly to see how easily Evangeline acquires yet another devotee. And how does she do this? By smacking people around and calling vets idiots.

I will never understand why no one loves the mild, kinder people and forsakes them for brutes like her.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:38 am

Bring it on, Evangeline! :) You might be older and wiser, but I´m faster. :P
Once I´m awake for a few hours, anyway...

Julie, if you need Depends, my parents work in an old age home. I can get them for you for free! :D

ladyveg

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:05 am

Julie, you better know they are addictive. My friend Monica, the one who is fostering the pigs, already emailed me to ask if you were approved for more than one pig..."just in case."

Has she emailed you? She´s really sick right now, but I´m wondering how the arrangements are going.
---

HAHA, Dobby called Evangeline "old."

You people just don´t understand. You think E is such a meanie, but her house is decorated in Hello Kitty and she puts little pink bows on her pigs.
Last edited by ladyveg on Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:08 am

That´s not what I heard. Unless you mean the pink bows on the boars to undermine their masculinity and give the sows one more thing to tease them about.

Evangeline

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:46 am

Julie-
See? They´re all jealous of me. It must be my gentle manners and friendly personality.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:01 pm

Oops..double post.
Last edited by GP Lover on Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:01 pm

Hi Julie, the three pigs in the picture at the top of the page are mine..the one that you like is the one on the left?? Her name is Angel and I am sure she is a mutt...my guess is that she is Abyssinian and Peruvian??? You can;t see in the picture but her hair in the back is very long.

I love black and white animals too for some reason. Angel actually has a bit of brown on the top of her head but it doesn´t show in the picture.

I find that once you start looking in shelters, rescues, etc...you will find one that you become fond of right away while you hold and interact with them...hey, whatever color it turns out to be you will fall in love I am sure!

Here´s another picture of Angel: