Show your Cage

_bloop

Post   » Mon May 02, 2005 8:49 pm

I like what you did mooser to animal proof your pigs, with my cage i'm building i'll have to figure something out.

And here's the tempary cage (I know it's small) my 2 pigs are in while I build the new one.

(This was the first day I got the pigs, it's been moved downstairs since.)

bats

Post   » Mon May 02, 2005 9:50 pm

PoorBabyCuzko -- you have got to learn how to resize your pictures before you post them. When they get that big, they push the web page way out to the right. And anyone who wants to get to any of the text or buttons on the right side of the screen has to scroll over. Now get to it and start resizing!

Christ, I need a drink.

Better.

Somewhere in here I have a picture of our latest revision of a cage. Searching...

Got it.

Don't laugh at the white walls and carpet. They're getting torn up in a few weeks -- we're about to tear up that room so it matches the other rooms we've destroyed this year.

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Mon May 02, 2005 10:26 pm

Bats, I did resize it. I put it at 75% which someone on this site told me to use. But yet it still came to that big. I'll just have to go to 50%. I've used that size before and it was fine, but then I can't get the pic back to the original size. So I tried 75% because I was led to believe that it would be fine. I'm not the only one who's done that. Maybe someone can change it to a link instead.

Now I need a drink.

aqh88

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 1:11 am

You can't just go by a certain percent. It depends on what your camera took the pic at. When you hit edit one photobucket it says the size at the top. The first pic I posted is reduced 50% to 640x480. The others I've reduced twice to 320x240. The other camera takes them at 640x480 so I don't even have to reduce those but it's lower quality.

sasha+jane
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 1:28 pm

I gave up trying to sit in the cage to clean under upper levels, so when we move across town beginning of June, the pigs are gonna have their own room, which will have the 2x4 upper added as a wing of the 5x3. It also makes them easier to catch when they can't run under there.

gopherdylan
GL Addict

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 1:33 pm

This is the wondercage they had before it fell apart in a collusal piggy scaring moment that we don't talk about. The cage was reduced to a single level 3x3 in the aftermath. Someday I want to get more coroplast and rebuilding. I have two cages right now, the C&C and a makeshift one using an under the bed storage thing and cubes, mainly because they won't get along. Stupid pig-headed... pigs.

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 1:39 pm

My stupid Walmart never carried any grids. Had to go to Target, and now they don't even carry them. Great ccages everyone.

_bloop

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 2:33 pm

aqh88 - What exactly is that thing that you use as a ramp? Looks like just regular cloth. I was just curious.

Alicia Corey - Do those ties that you have connecting your grids stay together good? And for the top ones, do they move nicely so you can open the top? I have to cat proof my cage soon and I'm still looking for ideas.

aqh88

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 5:37 pm

The ramps are fake wood boards left over from building our deck. I took cheap polyester blankets and cut a strip off then rolled up duct tape into loops and stuck it to the board. If it ever gets too dirty I'll just peel the blanket back off and stick on a new strip.

DaCourt

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Here is our current cage for 3 boys. There have been a few changes to the hay room. They now have a small loft in there made out of a bent grid, and removable grids are put in place to keep them from jumping out (which they tried to do at veggie time.)

_bloop

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 6:48 pm

The piggies have never fallen off the ramp from high up? That's the one thing id be worried about.

DaCourt

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 6:52 pm

Never....My little one does like to run down half way and then jump...so now at the end of the ramp is their big fluffy pillow instead of the bunk bed.

I did worry about the bridge and that is why I put the cover over it. The cover flips up for easy cleaning.