Poppy and the Pumpkin

aj_trouble
Gave a Guinea!!

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:26 pm

I thought it would be cute to photograph my girls by a pumpkin at Halloween. I set up Rosie and Poppy either side of the lit pumpkin and started snapping. After a few photos I looked at the digital display to see the last image and honestly had to double take as I could swear that poppy was eating the top! I lowered the camera to look at the 'subjects' and found no pumpkin top and just two rumps either side of the pumpkin!

I found each of them nibbling on the edges of the top behind the lantern! They obviously thought that it was too tastey to be wasted!
I do have the image - but I'm having trouble uploading it - if you go to my website www.guineapigdictionary.co.uk - you can find it under the 'rosie & poppy' link on the home page!

piggielover

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:33 pm

That is the cutest picture! They are adorable~

aj_trouble
Gave a Guinea!!

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:35 pm

Thank you very much - I think everyone elses pictures are so great on this site - Guinea Pigs are really THE best pet in the world!!

piggielover

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:44 pm

I agree with you. They are such great pets. I have 3 cats too and they rate right up there with my piggies though.
I like your website by the way :-)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:26 pm

aj_trouble, your pigs are really cute.

jenny

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:17 pm

They are so cute!!!

aj_trouble
Gave a Guinea!!

Post   » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:53 am

Thank you so much!

When I went to buy the girls I remember I really wanted two - so they would have company and in the display I could only see one little brown GP (Rosie), a 'Dutch' which kept biting Rosie and a Rabbit. When the assistant put her hands in to get Rosie out, she noticed a movement and found Poppy under the hay. She was so timid and her ears had chunks bitten off. I just had to have her! Even though she has ripped ears, I really think she is very beautiful and her and Rosie are best friends.

aj_trouble
Gave a Guinea!!

Post   » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:35 am

I've worked out how to do it!! Here is the photo of Poppy and the Pumpkin!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:41 am

Try this link to view (I couldn't see it):
http://uk.geocities.com/aj_trouble/rp3.jpg

aj_trouble
Gave a Guinea!!

Post   » Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:44 am

Lynx - I think the Geocities site I post my photos on is down - even your link said that it was unavailable. It did work earlier honest!
Hopefully it will pop back up!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:19 pm

h t t p : / /uk.geocities.com/aj_trouble/rp3.jpg

Try pasting and copying. Geocities is notorious for not liking remote display -- this might include an active link to a pic. Take out the spaces I had to stick in (frustrating).

aj_trouble
Gave a Guinea!!

Post   » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:22 pm

Sorry Lynx - not with you? Pasting and Copying what to what?? I 'm gutted - I've just posted another image on a new topic on Cavy Chat and it seems to be working fine - I don't want that to vanish now!

I'm messing up your nice BB!!!!