Trying out the new camera...

Alfie

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:04 am

We got a digital camera for Christmas and this is my first batch of shots of the piggies. Bear with me - I´m still working out how to use it.

Here is a pic of the newest resident, Daisy, who is now definitely not pregnant but is gaining weight at an impressive rate...
Last edited by Alfie on Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alfie

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:05 am

Poor thing, she always looks demonically possessed. Another example, with Alfie.

Alfie

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:10 am

And a group shot. You all probably think Lucy and Carrie don´t really exist because I never post pics of them, but the truth is I can´t work out how to make dark coloured pigs show up properly in pictures. For these ones I´ve had to muck around with brightness and saturation in Photodeluxe.

Any advice, anyone?

(L-R: Carrie, Daisy, Alfie, Lucy)
Last edited by Alfie on Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jin

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:12 am

I think this is the first time I´ve ever seen your pigs, Alfie. They are all very cute (even if they DO look demonic in the pictures!). I love Daisy´s color.

Stacia

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:14 am

Very cute. I like the demon glare. Especially in the group photo where the two in the middle seem to be trying to jump out of the picture.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:34 am

They are cute! You can actually edit out the red eye by bringing the photos into a paint program and using a big fuzzy brush to put a dot of black in each eye. And a point or two of white in the corner is nice -- gives them the Mona Lisa look.

Alfie

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:39 am

LOL - but Lynx, they are actually red-eyes! I tried the red-eye remover and they looked even more freaky.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:23 am

I know -- so you would need to actually doctor it in a paint program.

You might experiment making them redder or something to get them the way you want.

Jill

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:31 am

Cute pigs! We got a digital camera for Christmas as well, so I´ll have to attempt posting a picture at some point too.

LJPiggies

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:52 pm

Me too! Me too! - I also got a digital camera for X-mas. Think I will try taking some pics. today.
Might need some help on how to post them thou.

Jenn - a cavy slave for life.

Tara Kate

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:13 pm

some of mine have red eyes. Alfie, i dont think they look possessed.?!!

mon

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:04 am

Oh they´re wonderful. Still pestering the b/f to show me how to work the scanner so I can post picture. I´m totally hopeless at these things and I don´t want to break anything.

I want a digital camera. How come Santa delivered to everyone else??? That´s the next thing to save up for!

Oh and Emily, they are all gorgeous piggies. They look extremely happy, especially Daisy with her piece of parsley.
Last edited by mon on Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.