mites/sore/labored breathing/skinny

LER

Post   » Fri May 20, 2005 10:55 am

Thank for the photos, Michelle. They are such great little pigs. When is the next appointment? Email me the costs . . .

mab0615

Post   » Fri May 20, 2005 11:06 am

Their appt is Thurs. Did you get my last e-mail?

LER

Post   » Sat May 21, 2005 1:17 am

I wanted to share the most recent weight chart of the other other pigs that came in with Fuzzy Lumpkins and Kirk.

Rebecca is definitely pregnant. But, I thought looking at this weight chart was interesting because Hawk is the baby boy, Poppyseed and Pattycake are the baby girls, and Rebecca was a slightly older than them but still young girl who came in (same size as Little Patricia who did not make it)

What I thought was interesting was the relatively slow weight gain and then the jumps in weight towards the end.

I can feel that Rebecca is pregnant, so far I am not feeling anything in the other two, younger girls, and their weight gains are similar in pattern to Hawk's. so hopefully they are not pregnant . . .

~~~~~~~
Michelle - I think I got your emails? The last one I got from you was about Porter and Chester . . .

LER

Post   » Sat May 21, 2005 2:13 am

You know what? I need to fix the gragh to that it is not so irregular (twice a day, daily, weekly) then I think it will work better. Doh! It's late, and I haven't had a day of work in too long . . . I'll fix it later and repost . . .

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat May 21, 2005 8:27 am

Yes, you need to fix it. Not representative otherwise. Maybe pull the dups and make average entries when a day is skipped.

LER

Post   » Sun May 22, 2005 7:53 am

Ok, the graph above is correct, now.

LER

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 6:41 am

Michelle (foster mom) just rushed Fuzzy to the emergency vets. PLEASE keep him in your thoughts!

mab0615

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 8:29 am

We made it there on time. I called ahead and told them what I needed. They gave him some dextrose and he perked right up. While at Angell yesterday, he became lethargic. He was hypoglycemic and they gave him IV dextrose.

I have to call to get the results of the blood tests and x-rays. I'm gonna search for diabetes here but if anyone know where it is, please feel free to post it here. Thank you.

BostonPigLover

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 9:15 am

Oh no! Poor Fuzzy =( I hope he pulls through!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 9:27 am

A page we're linked to: www.guinealynx.info/links.html

mab0615

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 2:40 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm bringing him back to Boston now. He hasn't regained his strength.

mab0615

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 10:58 pm

Sad to say that Fuzzy didn't make it.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 11:05 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.

LER

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 11:40 pm

Michelle,
Thank you so very much for your help with Fuzzy and Kirk. I am just devastated that we weren't able to save this little guy, and I know you are too. I sincerely hope the necropsy will give us answers.

I want you all to know Michelle is a fantastic foster mom and Fuzzy was very lucky to spend his last week and a half or so in her care.

I'm not sure how long the necropsy will take but we are hoping we find out what was wrong with him, and that is isn't genetic, since we have a number of piggies from the same place, one of whom is pregnant, and for all we know, Fuzzy could be the father.

Thank you everyone for your support.

lisam

Post   » Fri May 27, 2005 11:57 pm

I am sorry.

Julian
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat May 28, 2005 12:30 am

We try our hardest but we can't save them all. I'm sorry that after all your efforts that this guy didn't make it. Bless you for your effort.

He was a very handsome pig. I am sure you will miss him.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat May 28, 2005 9:16 am

I'm so sorry.

Becky

Post   » Sat May 28, 2005 12:22 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry. Fuzzy really reminded me of my Elvis, so this story particularly tugged at my heartstrings.

How very lucky he was to have you.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat May 28, 2005 12:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Fuzzy. You did all you could for the little guy.

LER

Post   » Sat May 28, 2005 12:54 pm

The vet called. Because of the holiday weekend, they won't be able to send Fuzzy out for a necropsy til Tues. She called all the local places and they aren't doing any routine necropies. She just wanted to know if we still wanted it done. There's a slight chance that the tissue could be affected. She agrees about seeing if it could be a genetic problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

86 posts