Snowflake -- probable trichofolliculoma removal

oftheshire1401

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:05 pm

So glad that Snowflake is doing well after that. Give her a kiss for me. =)

whittibo

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:35 am

WOW, those are amazing pictures! It does look like a big incision, I hope she continues to do so well!

stickyfroggi

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:01 pm

Yuck! Did you go to Cedarcrest or Nigel for this?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:20 pm

Nigel. Cedarcrest is too far. I was sure Dr. Bray could do a good job and he's close and reasonable. I wish it had been cheaper though (phone quote 100-150, was 150).

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:03 pm

I'm glad she's doing well and it was nothing serious.

Jemima

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:22 pm

Poor Snowflake!!

Has the Chew-Guard worked?

Incredible pictures, Lynx. Makes me think of my husband who likes to watch his oral surgery.

Chickens, huh?

Cool.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:32 pm

I thought it was neat too. I hate the skin on chickens -- cheaper to get whole chickens and parts. I hate pealing off the skin and fooling with it. Cutting the lump in half was easy. I don't think I could autopsy my own pet but this is like examining your fingernail or hair (she's still plenty happy, alive, and kicking). I liked the lump-7 pic best (closeup).

I think the Chew Guard may have helped -- at least her incision area still looks okay.

dribble

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:21 am

Wow, Snowflake is 6? Man how time flies. Six! She is one impressive pig you've got there. Nothing fazes her at all. Just like her "mom."

I would've had trepidation about surgery at her age: Did you? So glad to hear she's going to be just fine now.

Your lump and chicken cutting comments crack me up! You should've been a surgeon. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:24 am

Yes, hard for me to believe she is 6 too. She was why I got on the internet, why I got my own computer. I actually didn't worry much about her at all. It was not a really invasive surgery and I had confidence (apparently well-placed) in the vet.

To be the most correct, I got her maybe 5 1/2 years ago around Christmas. She was an adult at that time, near her current weight but not completely grown up. I was told she was born that summer.

-ly-

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:21 am

How is snowflake doing? I am sending her wishes for a most speedy piggie recovery!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:53 am

She's doing fine. I actually did not end up using pain meds -- fortunately she showed no signs of pain. Snowflake just came out wheeking to greet me, asking for her morning treat.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:07 am

I'm so glad it went well, good ole Snowflake!