First Angel...now it's Elsie..crying when peeing.!

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Thu May 19, 2005 3:29 pm

It's been a few days now and I've been doing just what you said GP. No change yet but I am still VERY hopeful. Do you have Elsie on metacam, too? I have noticed a slight weight increase in Louie this week so maybe that's a sign, too.

But hey, you forgot to mention how BAD it smells. Peeeeuuuu. Louie hates it to but I keep telling him it's for his own good.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu May 19, 2005 3:53 pm

Nope, Elsie's not on it. I accidentally started posting updates on Angel on Elsie's thread...so, I just kept going. Elsie's fine.

Angel's not on Metacam...it did nothing for her. She's been on a few antibiotics, Amitryptilline (SP?) to block the pain receptor, corn silk and hydrangea oil. None of those things helped her.

Yeah...it smells awful. Would you believe Angel likes it? I can actually prop her up on the bed with her back up against the pillows and syringe it to her! I'll have to post a pic soon. It's too funny!

I hope it works for Louie. Since he has a stone I would imagine it would take a while to work. Some people claimed it actually dissolved stones in their pigs!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:46 pm

Update: June 23rd.

While she is not cured, Angel continues to show the Shillintong is giving her relief.

I am thrilled and so is she!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:16 pm

That is such good news! Someone on Louie's thread showed interest - I pointed her/him to this thread.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:41 pm

Update: Angel appears to have a large, very solid feeling mass on one side of her chest. I am worried.

Does anybody know if the vet can aspirate to see what comes out of it?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:41 pm

It might still be a common type of skin tumor. How large? It came up suddenly? From what I remember, a needle aspirate can help but a wedge biopsy will give more complete results (you only get a little of it with an aspiration).

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:00 pm

It's about the size of a golf ball and very firm. I noticed it came up very suddenly.

What's a wedge biopsy?

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:25 pm

They take a chunk or punch sample of the mass without removing it. Much more accurate than fine needle aspirate.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:45 pm

Oh no! Poor Angel. I hope it's nothing serious.

Definitely go for the biopsy vs. the aspiration. Back when Flo got sick, the results of the initial aspiration were inconclusive, and I wish we'd just gone ahead and done the biopsy from the getgo.

Good luck, and keep us posted. Which vet will you be going to?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:00 am

Good luck, Carol. I wish Angel the best. It does indeed sound like a really big lump.

You can also just have it removed and analyzed vs. trying to figure out what it is before it is removed.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:04 am

I'm going to bring her to Dr. Schott. If there is a chance surgery is going to be necessary she's the one I trust the most for that.

I'll let you know what happens.

Becky

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:20 pm

Oh, man! Good luck with Angel. She's been through enough already.