Clipping nails

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:48 am

LOL!!!

Sunny

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:19 pm

Ciaytee - what I have found works really well... pay the vet to it.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:59 pm

Basically it´s a party game where you take a paper mache thing (the pinata) filled with goodies, hang it somewhere and blindfolded people whack it with a stick til it breaks and everyone rushes for the loot.

Lynx´s description reminded me of it.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:58 pm

I´m not paying a vet $13 to trim Bud´s nails whe I´m able to do it myself (granted, I swear a whole lot when I do it myself, but I save myself $13). People who pay to get their animals´ nails clipped are the reason why vets go around in Porsches.

Seansfamily

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 8:29 pm

"I once tried to rig up a sleeve with their feet poking out ..." - Lynx.

Now we know the truth behind the "paper roll corset " incident. It was no accident!!!

Oh, Dobby, the "flour trick" is using flour to stop the blood flow if you have nothing better. I just put some flour in a small cup and stuck Greta´s foot in it.
Last edited by Seansfamily on Tue Mar 12, 2002 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:44 pm

Ravenshade, a pigñata -- of course. I hoped you wouldn´t notice that. An easy way to catch fresh beading material.

So you´re onto me, eh, Seansfamily? But actually it was an attempt to create a live shoe buffer instead. The nails didn´t really come into it. I ´spose I should dig up that pic and post it here. Always fun to look at (though Nina is still embarrassed).

Seansfamily

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:50 pm

Nina is so beautiful. She shouldn´t feel embarrassed. Just tell her she looks "incredible" in that photo and leave it at that.

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:13 pm

Dobby, I agree that I also won´t pay to have it done, but that´s simply because I have 4 pigs and it would get expensive pretty quickly. Not to mention time-consuming to cart all of them to the vet´s office. But if I could, I´d do exactly what Sunny does. I am a firm believer in utilizing the skills of others when I can afford the convenience.

Yesterday didn´t happen, so we clipped nails tonight. Al was very, very good. My cousin held him upright, and Al didn´t struggle at all. He didn´t even whimper. Must´ve scared the holy livingness out of him.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:19 pm

Dobby - yes my vet probably drives a porche, but I never have to see my pigs with the "how can you do this to me" look on their little faces.

Okay, I take that back. They look at me like that when I try to give meds.

Oh, well. What can I say, I´m a sucker.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:22 pm

*LOL* Sunny, they only hate you for a little while afterwards. Trust me. ;)

Thanks Seansfamily! I´ve never made him bleed, but I´ll be sure to try that if I ever do. :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:11 am

I got roped into trimming three pigs´ feet at my mother´s yesterday. Just held them on my lap, with their feet facing out (as if I were giving meds) and trimmed them all. Ginger was a little onery (started to bite), but other than that it was quick.