First Angel...now it's Elsie..crying when peeing.!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:11 pm

Well, we got to see Dr. Schott today. She took 2 x-rays and withdrew fluid. The x-rays clearly show a tumor or cyst above the bladder on her side. No point in doing a biopsy because it will have to be dealt with surgically anyway.

The fluid that came out was watery and off-white. Dr. S said it was unusual and she never saw anything like it before. It's being sent out for analysis.

She also took a blood sample. That's going out for analysis too.

If the results come back showing no cancer than she will do the surgery.

She said that most times when the tumor is filled with fluid it turns out be something benign. I hope I heard that correctly and it's true!

She also said it could be a cyst related to one of her prior surgeries (the spay, the exploratory bladder surgery, removal of lipomas).

I feel better about surgery now, knowing that she is in great shape at this time to go through it.

Please think good thoughts for Angel. She's certainly been through so much!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:38 pm

Good thoughts here. I'm interested in finding out what it is too. Maybethen she could explain why it got so big so fast.

Becky

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:39 pm

Good thoughts headed her (and your) way.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:02 pm

Good and positive thoughts heading your way.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:42 pm

Update: test results are in. Luckily, no cancer but she does have an infected abscess in her abdomen. The vet said it's a serious thing but better than if it was cancer.

Angel's starting Baytril today, until a culture comes back and tells us to use something different.

Thursday she will have surgery to drain the abscess. The vet said she'd have to put a drain in from the abscess to outside her body and I'll probably have to flush it out! UGH!

Unfortunately, she can't come home the day of the surgery so I won't be getting her back until Friday.

I hope she pulls through this okay.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:11 pm

I wish the best for her too.

This abscess, is it related to any surgery she has had?

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Oh no! Poor Angel!

Good luck with the surgery. We'll be crossing fingers and paws for her.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am

This abscess, is it related to any surgery she has had?
The vet said it is possible since she had so many surgeries. If not, she said it could be from something sharp that perhaps she ate and it punctured her stomach. The only thing that I am aware of that she ate that I would consider sharp is the stem of a grape. Unless she picked up something and ate it during floor time but I doubt it.

Oddly enough the mass feels like it shrank considerably. I can hardly feel it now! I hope that's a good sign.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:36 am

I tend to think the food idea isn't the cause. Guess I am recalling the abscesses that show up months later in neutered males and wondering if it is related.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:43 pm

My poor, sweet Angel didn't make it.
She went into cardiac arrest at the start of surgery. The vet did an autopsy and said the abscess was so huge she can't believe she survived as long as she did.

Last night she had floor time and ate well. There were no signs of any impending doom.

I am in shock right now...leaving work to go home. I'll meet my friends at the office at 4 to say goodbye to her and get a clip of her hair.

Piggster

Post   » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:06 pm

I'm so sorry. It's so hard when you lose them.

Take care

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:18 pm

Oh, I am so so sorry about Angel.