Now George is peeing blood.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:56 am

That's a good idea. I had been meaning to check in about that. :)

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:58 am

Well, the report from the vet is that she has been "eating and pooping up a storm." Steve is there sorting out her aftercare plan and meds and should have Georgie shortly.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:28 pm

George is eating, peeing (no blood anymore), and pooping. Her incision looks good. Let's hope this trend continues.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:40 pm

Spoke too soon about the blood. We just replaced her towels and put her back in the cage and there's a small bloody pee spot (and some more poops, that look a bit smaller and softer than before).

I hate this rollercoaster.

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:47 pm

Well, some blood is to be expected right after surgery. I wouldn't freak out just yet. If it's a small amount and only intermitent, it's still within the normal range. And I hope it only gets better.

Piggster

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:08 pm

I wish George a speedy and uneventful recovery.

And no more stones!

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:13 pm

I remember that Louie peed a little blood after his bladder stone surgeries, too. Give it a few days. George sure is a cutie-pie. I hope she recovers well. Tell her "no more stones from now on and that's an order!"

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:16 am

I hope George heals well. Such a sweetie.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:43 am

When I woke up this morning there was some more bloody pee, as well as some small clots (I think). Also some poops, though some were tiny and mushy. I left a msg for a vet to call me back at 8:15 but haven't heard anything back yet.

This morning I got 11-12ccs of Critical Care into her as well as a few ccs of water. And Steve has given her another few syringefuls of water, which she takes readily; I think she likes chewing on the syringe. She just peed, Steve reports, and it's still bloody. I'm thinking another subcue (which I imagine we can get locally) will be a good idea, but want to hear back from the vet before I do anything.

Her pee yesterday had been reasonably clear, which may have been because she'd had a subcue. But as I recall from her past surgeries, the bloody pee didn't last beyond that first day after surgery, which is why I'm a little concerned at this point.

Here is what I saw this morning:

whittibo

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:19 am

Oh Swannie, I just can't believe all you, Steve and George have been through. She just HAS to be ok.

I thought I was confused, I thought she already had the second surgery. WOW, it's hard to believe the poor thing has been through THREE now. She must be a fighter! Still sending prayers your way for you all!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:19 am

Oh, I hope she will be alright. I don't blame you for being concerned. If she continues to take food and water that is a good sign.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:23 am

Let us know what the vet thinks. Of course I hope she recovers well.