Please post photos of your Guinea Pig Cages/Homes

mooser

Post   » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:45 pm

Here are my cages. 2x6 for the girls and a 2x4 for the boys. Didn't have the money to get something to put the cages on.. but they don't mind it on the floor. They're not scared either, they all run to the bars and demand food.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:46 pm

Thanks! They love the staggered cage. And when the really get going doing laps, they leap like they're ready to fly from that thing.

Willow and Pippin had gotten the store-bought cage last week (when I was rotating them). They were *so* happy to get the split level back, they both sat up there and popcorned on the second level when I cleaned the cage put them in that side this morning.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:49 pm

Mine arent what the boys stay in all the time.

This is the small nighttime condo for a singleton.

This is the nightime condo for two boys, they go on the floor during the day and the singleton will go in here - or sometimes they will stay in here and the singleton on the floor - or sometimes one in here and one in the other condo and one on the floor.

This is the "L" that comes off the big condo.

Debra

Post   » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:41 pm

WOW! I haven't mastered the digital camera yet...mine is closest to MommyofGus' cage. Brandilynn...WOW! Your Gp's have the life!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:31 pm

Killdozer and Deathcop! Funny! Poor boy pig.

WillowTree

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:48 am

Brandilynn, me and my piggies are really jealous, your cage is sweet!

LER

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:48 am

This is justa 2x3 that is currently not is use, but I wanted to show how I do my half level lofts. All the piggies love them and no ramps are required. These two boys are Drake and Tyler, they are sweet boys, esp. Tyler, the abby.

Divim

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:16 am

I like how you did the loft LER. I used to have a loft on my girls cage and I removed it. The girls liked to chew at the carpeting I had on the ramp.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:55 am

My cage is pretty boring too- no second level, just a regular 6x3.

ParanoidEv

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:02 am

I started out with one of those 'bin' cages as a temporary cage, in my search for grids. A few months later I found some and made a 2x3 C&C with vinyl flooring. Later on I added an extra floor, extended the cage, and ended up with this:
*click*
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/i/7NP0F7Q1461B
a 2x4.
Later I added my big boar Harry, and he couldn't figure out the ramp. I removed the ramp and made a 2x5. Now I'm fed up with stinky fleece and my boyfriend made me another cage out of wood & vinyl, about 2x4 grids. When I'm moving out, we will build a freaking big cage so I'm able to give my pigs & my future pigs all the space they would ever need.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:16 pm

LER...how do you attach them so that they're secure? And what do you have underneath the upper level between the grids and the fleece? I can see where my pigs would enjoy something like that.

Debra

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:36 pm

SuzieQ, I have a question for you (and others) we also use shavings.

My daughter (who has to clean the cage) is so frustrated with shavings all over the floor. I was thinking about going to fleece, but the thought of changing it more often doesn't do much for us. I also fear the smell issue.

Do you just deal with the shaving issue and clean it up and carry on....or is there a secret when changing the bedding? I just raised the C&C cage off of the ground onto a table and made one of the grids drop down, so we can try scooping into the trash...we'll find out how that does later in the week when we change litter.

I can't justify the cost of the yesterdays news and the like. The shavings are really the most cost effective for us.

Also, the urine marks the coraplast bottom and it is hard to get clean... I have just started adding rubber bath mats to the bottom of the cage (under the shavings). This seems to be buying us add'l use out the the flooring....

My daughter is so frustrated. She wanted to go to a rubbermade container that she would keep the piggies in (as a fulltime cage) so the entire container could be carried outside, dumped, cleaned and refilled. Granted this is smaller and can do the above...but I couldn't allow her to do it. I could not even handle them in the rubbermade while I was making the C&C cage from a 2x3 into a 2x4. It was abusive!

Mind you the piggies are my daughters (she is 17) and I have become obsessive over them.

Thanks for any input!