New piggy!

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:10 pm

Hello all! Here is a new pic of my baby piggy, his name is Choko. He is 1 month old, so tiny compared to my Gizmo! He is in another room, as I was reading here about the 3 weeks thing... taking him tomorrow to the vet, since now I am not leaving tomorrow for MN, but in november :'(

I think he has furr mites, because he has white things inside his hair. Other than that, he is just shy. He makes lots of noises, and he started eating veggies fast, which actually surprised me, with Gizmo it took a while.

http://www.geocities.com/gizmochoko/cok ... 7327192287

cavykatie

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:19 pm

What a cutie! Hope those mites go away fast.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:37 pm

thanks cavykatie :) Im sure the vet will give me something for it. he did mention something called sevin (any clue what this is and if it works?), but I think it is better for him to actually see him.

SarahHarperScott

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:13 pm

Sevin?? Are you sure?

SEVIN
Product InformationLabels/MSDS
Active Ingredient: carbaryl
SEVIN® brand 4F carbaryl insecticide sets the standard for broad-spectrum control in the food crop, grain crop, forestry, home-use pesticide and tobacco markets. It offers a host of advantages over other insecticides ? ease of application, short PHI, no phytotoxicity, and 12-hour re-entry. Plus, Sevin is one of the most environmentally responsible pesticides you can use.
Always read and follow label instructions.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:46 pm

Sevin is an insecticide that we do NOT recommend. There are much safer and more effective products.

www.guinealynx.info/ivermectin.html

skooters mommy

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:54 pm

Oh my gosh-what a cutie!! Congratulations to both of you!

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:03 pm

Very cute! Congratulations! How is Gizmo?

fourpigs

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:06 pm

You cant actually see mites. Isnt that Lice?

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:00 am

Yes, lice is one you can see. Mites are to tiny for naked eye.

He is darn cute though.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:51 am

Thanks all! Gizmo is doing great, fat, healthy and happy.
I will print out this info and take it to the vet. Also will print the info on lice. The poor little guy is so scared! He is a tiny baby, he does eat by himself, and loves red pepper and romain lettuce.

I will keep you guys updated on what the vet says. Thanks once again!

11guineas

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:31 pm

What a cute little guy he is! Sending you death vibes to mites and lice ASAP.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks 11!

The vet said they are lice, he took a sample and took a look in the microscope. I don't remember the name of what he applied on him, but he used one drop on the top of his neck, and told me to do it again in 2 weeks. He wants to see him again in 3 weeks.

Choko is weighting 160g, so you can all imagine how tiny he is! he said that other than that he seems well. He LOVES to run around his cage and he even popcorns! He is small but man can he squeek! Noisy little guy.

One problem I am having, is that Gizmo is getting a little violent on me, even after I wash my hands and change my shirt. Is this normal? They are both in my room, but in dif cages and corners since I don't have any other room available in the house. Gizmo is weighting 747g