New piggy!

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:10 pm

Hello all! Here is a new pic of my baby piggy, his name is Choko. He is 1 month old, so tiny compared to my Gizmo! He is in another room, as I was reading here about the 3 weeks thing... taking him tomorrow to the vet, since now I am not leaving tomorrow for MN, but in november :'(

I think he has furr mites, because he has white things inside his hair. Other than that, he is just shy. He makes lots of noises, and he started eating veggies fast, which actually surprised me, with Gizmo it took a while.

http://www.geocities.com/gizmochoko/coko.html?1127327192287

cavykatie

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:19 pm

What a cutie! Hope those mites go away fast.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:37 pm

thanks cavykatie :) Im sure the vet will give me something for it. he did mention something called sevin (any clue what this is and if it works?), but I think it is better for him to actually see him.

SarahHarperScott

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:13 pm

Sevin?? Are you sure?

SEVIN
Product InformationLabels/MSDS
Active Ingredient: carbaryl
SEVIN® brand 4F carbaryl insecticide sets the standard for broad-spectrum control in the food crop, grain crop, forestry, home-use pesticide and tobacco markets. It offers a host of advantages over other insecticides ? ease of application, short PHI, no phytotoxicity, and 12-hour re-entry. Plus, Sevin is one of the most environmentally responsible pesticides you can use.
Always read and follow label instructions.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:46 pm

Sevin is an insecticide that we do NOT recommend. There are much safer and more effective products.

www.guinealynx.info/ivermectin.html

skooters mommy

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:54 pm

Oh my gosh-what a cutie!! Congratulations to both of you!

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:03 pm

Very cute! Congratulations! How is Gizmo?

fourpigs

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:06 pm

You cant actually see mites. Isnt that Lice?

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:00 am

Yes, lice is one you can see. Mites are to tiny for naked eye.

He is darn cute though.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:51 am

Thanks all! Gizmo is doing great, fat, healthy and happy.
I will print out this info and take it to the vet. Also will print the info on lice. The poor little guy is so scared! He is a tiny baby, he does eat by himself, and loves red pepper and romain lettuce.

I will keep you guys updated on what the vet says. Thanks once again!

11guineas

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:31 pm

What a cute little guy he is! Sending you death vibes to mites and lice ASAP.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:55 pm

Thanks 11!

The vet said they are lice, he took a sample and took a look in the microscope. I don't remember the name of what he applied on him, but he used one drop on the top of his neck, and told me to do it again in 2 weeks. He wants to see him again in 3 weeks.

Choko is weighting 160g, so you can all imagine how tiny he is! he said that other than that he seems well. He LOVES to run around his cage and he even popcorns! He is small but man can he squeek! Noisy little guy.

One problem I am having, is that Gizmo is getting a little violent on me, even after I wash my hands and change my shirt. Is this normal? They are both in my room, but in dif cages and corners since I don't have any other room available in the house. Gizmo is weighting 747g

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:06 am

Do you guys think that having both of them in the same room could make Gizmo have lice too? I had Choko on the livingroom the 1st day, but I have curious kids, a cat and a dog. So I thought he will be safer in my room where I can keep a close eye.

I don't want Gizmo to get this too... what do you recommend? My vet told me that it was fine as long as they aren't in direct contact with each other. Is this true?

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:12 pm

I have a little bit of a problem... I started trying to introduce my 2 boys today (Choko is about a month and 1 or 2 weeks) and Gizmo is 7 months. My problem is.. Gizmo gets all over him and Choko starts running away from him, then Gizmo starts peeing all over the place.

He starts making this sound.. like when I touch his back, and he gets all stiff, he even licked him on his back. He tries and tries to smell him, but Choko doesn't seem to like it. Is this normal? This is my 2nd piggy and 1st try at them meeting. Any advice? I am scared of letting them be together because I am afraid Gizmo will hurt him.

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:15 pm

Leave them together. They'll eventually work it out. Just make sure that they aren't getting open bites on each other.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:23 pm

OK Way too funny? Following your advice, I let them both loose on the bed, and Gizmo got over Choko trying to.. hummmm... IS that normal? OMG I have a gay pig!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:27 pm

No.. not gay, guinea pig. Welcome to boars. Get the "Wet Boar Hello" out of your pigs hair though because it becomes "Mortar Boar Hello" when it dries.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:35 pm

Ohh thanks for the advice. Got scared for a minute there. I heard that giving them a bath together will help with the bonding... maybe I will try that this weekend. Will keep up the "play dates" daily though. I need to hurry and get them together because the cage is getting small for Choko.

Will let you guys know how it goes! Will take a few pics too :) Thanks! ***Crosses fingers***

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:38 pm

Humping is not "not bonding." If they are getting along you do not need a bath. Taking them apart and putting them together will only make them have to establish dominance all over again. Best to put them together and leave them together. Use the bath if they are fighting. Remember too, a bath might not make them bonded as in snuggly - it will just help them to get along, if they are fighting.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm

It won't stop. Gizmo keeps on humpping the poor little guy which is now running away from him and squeeking, since he is so small Gizmo gets him ALL under him. He is scared and Gizmo seems like so desperate.. has been going on for almost 2 hrs now. What should I do? Should I just put them together in the cage?

Here are some pics

25 posts