New piggy!

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:06 am

Do you guys think that having both of them in the same room could make Gizmo have lice too? I had Choko on the livingroom the 1st day, but I have curious kids, a cat and a dog. So I thought he will be safer in my room where I can keep a close eye.

I don't want Gizmo to get this too... what do you recommend? My vet told me that it was fine as long as they aren't in direct contact with each other. Is this true?

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:12 pm

I have a little bit of a problem... I started trying to introduce my 2 boys today (Choko is about a month and 1 or 2 weeks) and Gizmo is 7 months. My problem is.. Gizmo gets all over him and Choko starts running away from him, then Gizmo starts peeing all over the place.

He starts making this sound.. like when I touch his back, and he gets all stiff, he even licked him on his back. He tries and tries to smell him, but Choko doesn't seem to like it. Is this normal? This is my 2nd piggy and 1st try at them meeting. Any advice? I am scared of letting them be together because I am afraid Gizmo will hurt him.

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:15 pm

Leave them together. They'll eventually work it out. Just make sure that they aren't getting open bites on each other.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:23 pm

OK Way too funny? Following your advice, I let them both loose on the bed, and Gizmo got over Choko trying to.. hummmm... IS that normal? OMG I have a gay pig!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:27 pm

No.. not gay, guinea pig. Welcome to boars. Get the "Wet Boar Hello" out of your pigs hair though because it becomes "Mortar Boar Hello" when it dries.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:35 pm

Ohh thanks for the advice. Got scared for a minute there. I heard that giving them a bath together will help with the bonding... maybe I will try that this weekend. Will keep up the "play dates" daily though. I need to hurry and get them together because the cage is getting small for Choko.

Will let you guys know how it goes! Will take a few pics too :) Thanks! ***Crosses fingers***

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:38 pm

Humping is not "not bonding." If they are getting along you do not need a bath. Taking them apart and putting them together will only make them have to establish dominance all over again. Best to put them together and leave them together. Use the bath if they are fighting. Remember too, a bath might not make them bonded as in snuggly - it will just help them to get along, if they are fighting.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm

It won't stop. Gizmo keeps on humpping the poor little guy which is now running away from him and squeeking, since he is so small Gizmo gets him ALL under him. He is scared and Gizmo seems like so desperate.. has been going on for almost 2 hrs now. What should I do? Should I just put them together in the cage?

Here are some pics

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:02 am

Sorry. Not sure why pics didn't work.. ugh let me try again.

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:54 am

YAY!! Things are looking better. No more humping, now only Gizmo is stiff, but other than that, things are going OK. I think I will be able to put them in the same cage today! Yippie! Gizmo keeps pushing Choko with his body, but Choko won't give up! They are both popcorning every now and then... and I am watching them closely because Gizmo keeps on nibbling on Choko's right ear.

So far so good! It's been a day on and off oh bonding and no blood! That oughta be good right ? Thanks all for the help! This is nerve recking for any new piggies parent.

AliceMcmallis
Supporter in '08

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:20 pm

It sounds like things are progressing well, keep up the good work!

Cute pictures too. That last one is really funny. ;)

crazycheryl

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:27 pm

Uh, looks like the wrong end there Gizmo! Intros can be nerve-racking but can be absolutely hilarious as well.