Please post photos of your Guinea Pig Cages/Homes

-ly-

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:17 pm

Cage pics are great, I wish some of you would post them in the cavy cages galleries.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:18 am

Another one of your basic 2-level 2x6 cages. Just got lucky and managed to get all four of the younger herd at once. Wheatie atop the pigloo as usual. You can see that we're rather free with our hay distribution.

I'd like to do a staggered-level cage like yours, Pooksie. There is a bookcase down at the other end which is blocked by the cage; I'd like to turn a shelf into another loft.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:27 am

That is a super cage, mmeadow!

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:18 am

I don't have this cage setup any longer, since a lot of the pigs who lived in it have now passed away.

But it was always my favorite.

Tigger used to love to throw himself down the ramp, ass over elbows. He would do somersaults and then stagger up at the end and purr and shake his butt like he was glad you were watching.

I took these pictures before I put all the hideys and hayboxes, etc. back in. The towels on a rod are a lovely playtime addition. The pigs loved running through the little drapes. You can see Blaze already checking them out.

Once Lilo, Tigger, and Rebecca died, and I adopted out three other sows, this cage became two boring old unconnected 2x5.5's.

Debra

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:21 pm

What great pictures!
SusieQ...I am sorry I didn't spell your name correct! Not intentional!

I love all the photos!!!!!

glambunn

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:58 pm

Here's the cage I made for my boys (last year). I've added a few more squares to the top of the cage so they feel more secure and my "potties" in the corners are now much nicer too - not that they use them much.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:11 pm

Where is the humongous hay pile?

glambunn

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:30 pm

I threw it in a few minutes later. I wanted to get a picture of the cage right when i put them in.

Corrine
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:04 pm

Here is Daisy and Peach's cage. It's a 3X6. We got a little out of control and just kept building it bigger and bigger! It takes up half our family room in our tiny apartment, but it's so fun watching them run laps and popcorn...much more entertaining than TV :-)

Tricia

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:26 pm

This is my cage. It's not very exciting. I made it as big has I could in the space that I have. It's 3x4 cubes.

http://homepage.mac.com/sourtrish/PhotoAlbum8.html

There is also a link at the top to a movie I put together the first day I got a digital camera. It's not good, but it does show you their house.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:30 pm

mmeadow - The girls definitely like the split level. I hear them leaping up and down it every morning. I brought it down one square in the grid, so now it's resting right on the coroplast bottom of the first level. It helps make the bottom of the second level a little more stable, and its less of a leap, although they vault it with ease.

glambunn - love the beware of guinea pig sign!

diodora

Post   » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:39 pm

Pooksied,
My setup is very similar to yours with lofts on both sides. Hammie loves to leap up there, he spends about 90% of his time up there, he's just not the hidey-hole type. He likes to constantly be checking things out.